daydream believer.

5162270317_d32d589c01
i am a daydreamer. i fantasize, wish and hope for things from the moment i wake up until my eyes close at night. i blame my overactive imagination, and the fact that i genuinely believe that we have the ability to create the life we want.

so, lately, i've been dreaming about loved ones being closer, trips to europe, writing opportunities, late night concerts, and chocolate peanut butter pies. (*some of which are coming true. yes!)
 
what are you dreaming about? i'd love to know.


(photo credit: sarita lolita)

28 comments:

  1. I'm dreaming of the same things, really! I'm so far away from my family, I'm trying to keep in closer contact with them.

    Love the daydreaming that you're doing. Daydreaming, I think, is such a wonderful pass-time - and there is nothing wrong with a big imagination. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lately i've been daydreaming about being making a living doing the things i love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've been dreaming of upcoming trip to alaska, mulberry bags and wishing my best friends lived closer. what a great blog post. xo kendall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww what a sweet post :) I've also been daydreaming about loved ones living closer and spending more time with them.

    Also, dreaming about what my dream job could be...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read a lovely quote one time (that I can't locate now) that more or less said that our dreams are the one thing we can truly call our own. This post reminded me of that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those dreams are all so doable. I love daydreaming. It keeps my blood pumpin'! I tend to dream about long summer days/nights a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely daydreams; So glad to hear that some are coming true :) I'm dreaming about my own studio space, travel, cupcakes and warm weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm dreaming of upcoming travel plans and graduate school possibilities. Chocolate and peanut butter will also be a part of my week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep dreaming, as they definitely do come true. I have dreamt my way into a life that I truly love and it just keeps getting better. I am dreaming of an Italy vacation this summer with my guy and that my son and his wife will call me with news that I will be a grandma soon! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i'm dreaming of travel, warm days, fruit pies and an endless closet of clothes and shoes.

    wonderful post. it made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a day dreamer too, for sure. Lately, I've been dreaming of spring! And of our future house that we're going to be getting within (hopefully) the next 6 months! And of our future dog. And all of these things are going to be coming true so soon! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love all of these dreams too! thank you for brightening my day, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sound just like me! I am a constant daydreamer and lately have been trying to make those dreas a reality. I dream about writing...about friendships and about travel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm ... dreaming about SPRING, life after chemo, and menu planning for a friend's new café that's opening nearby in May. Dreaming is huge for me right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooo I am loving your blog! So cozy and lovely! Following now :)

    P.S. I think I found a water bottle cover! I'll send you the link once I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I second that Colleen ... I am absolutely dreaming about SPRING! in a big way and ... for tax season to be over ... as dull as that sounds ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love that you, like me, believe our future is in our own hands. No-one else's. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chocolate peanut butter pie...enough said. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm dreaming about doing yoga teacher training, fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely post title & I'm a believer too. I almost think I daydream too much.

    I dream/plan about norway, iceland, switzerland, alaska and nepal. Chilly places that have mountains galore. I dream about finding three (just three) outfits that are lovely and that are all I need (isn't that an odd one) and I daydream about being famous/paid for the things I love to do: sing, and make live art.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a believer too! I love to think that if I hope & wish long & hard enough something positive will happen. I dream about landing a job that makes me happy & pays the bills at the same time. I dream of traveling and having the time & money to be able to do what I like. I hope we can all find that in our dreams is the potential to make them happen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i'm day dreaming of becoming a better person.. i'm definitely a believer as well so fingers crossed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I came across these GORGEOUS "Daydreaming of Italy" prints from Reverie Daydream and I think I'm going to be daydreaming about that for a while ... http://www.reverie-daydream.com/travel_voyage.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh, Nina! This is this most perfect blog post. I, too, spend my days dreaming of future adventures. I cannot wait to see you again soon & daydream together!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think you are the type of person I'd love to meet in real life. Because you often write posts about the very things bouncing around my my own brain.

    ReplyDelete
  26. kayla, that is really sweet, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh this is so me! i daydream of a future gentleman caller who is endearingly nerdy. and dates, so many dinner dates. and moving to boston (crossing fingers!) and walking around cambridge. future dogs, plane tickets, and new friends and a new city. :) just general loveliness!

    i adore this. so much more than you know, nina!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'm dreaming about being offered and accepting an exciting teaching job, moving to an exciting new city with my boyfriend and our dog, completing my first 5K, and cooking a multi-course meal for my family.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.