self-portrait
when the going gets tough, i have two instincts: 1. hide under a blanket or 2. call my favorite people. the other day, i did both. and it turns out that chatting with loved ones from under a blanket is a lot like sharing secrets in a homemade fort. smiles will ensue.

p.s. found: an incredible article about growing pains, the cerebral ones.
p.p.s. my new favorite quote: "home is where your coffee maker is."

(photo credit: emma llensa)

16 comments:

  1. i also retreat to hiding under blankets when the goin' gets tough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree with your remedies, haha. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet post. yes please to blanket forts, friends, and coffee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blankets and special people - love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I most definitely live by that second quote. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you linked to that article. i needed that today! (and i am also a big fan of getting under covers and calling my mom. it just makes everything better.) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful, encouraging article. Thank you so much for sharing. I had a tough day yesterday, and coped by curling up on the couch with a blanket and a cat - perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love "Home is where the coffeemaker is."

    ReplyDelete
  9. :) what would we do without the people you love us?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed, although where I live it's often too hot to curl up under a blanket so i just curl up on top of my bed. It works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Nina,hope you're feeling a little perkier!!(not a word...but definitely a feeling)
    Friends are brilliant...aren't they!
    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for that link! I share exactly how you feel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thank you for that link. really needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way when stressed! Love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.