
boston has officially reached a whole new level of snowy. and i am apparently mastering the art of frumpiness by puttering around the house in a pair of faded, old yoga pants and a sad excuse for a ponytail.
i just wish people were skiing down the streets. (that would be awesome.)
in other news, if you're in the mood for a fun twist to your usual cup of coffee, try adding cinnamon to the coffee grounds. i'm sipping a soy-cinnamon-coffee concoction as we speak. and it's scrumptious!
(photo credit: enzo & lulu)
i just wish people were skiing down the streets. (that would be awesome.)
in other news, if you're in the mood for a fun twist to your usual cup of coffee, try adding cinnamon to the coffee grounds. i'm sipping a soy-cinnamon-coffee concoction as we speak. and it's scrumptious!
(photo credit: enzo & lulu)
beauuutiful!
ReplyDeleteMy town has the snow depth record in Sweden :-S and I hate winter..! It was 139 cm / 55 inches but then it snowed more.
also, if you want to get really fancy and use whipped cream on your coffee, sprinkle that with cinnamon. it's delightful.
ReplyDeleteOoOo that sounds delicious! I wish we had snow! Luckily I'm going up to the mountain this weekend and will see tons then :)
ReplyDeleteRecently I've been putting a dash of cinnamon in my already-brewed coffee, but putting it in with the grounds sounds interesting (and, possibly, more effective!). Thanks for the delicious tip =)
ReplyDeleteWe sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice... such good company for a snow day!
ReplyDeletei also love adding nutmeg, i find it's a little less harsh than cinnamon (since i always inevitably add too much!)
ReplyDeleteI didn't realize there could possibly be this much snow here in Boston! My boots aren't tall enough for this madness. I guess yummy caffeinated beverages are our only hope....
ReplyDeletepumpkin spice? nutmeg? you girls are geniuses!
ReplyDeleteHmm..adding the spice to the grounds? I'm intrigued! Perhaps I'll have to whip myself up a decaf tonight and try out your method :)
ReplyDeleteI sometimes add Vanilla Sugar to my coffee and even black tea.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love how snowy days can bring so much cozyness? mmmm....
ooo! i'm so going to try that!
ReplyDeleteand don't worry, everyday i've been changing immediately into my sweats once i get home for the night :) it's hard not to in the winter!
Beautiful photo! The cinnnmon does sound good.
ReplyDeleteMy friend went skiing through the streets of Pittsburgh (and our university campus) last year during 'snowpocalypse.' The photos are pretty epic.
ReplyDeleteThis all just sounds so cozy and delicious! I'm a bit jealous...
ReplyDeleteYou know, that would be awesome. If everyone just took off for the day, and chose to ski, or ride down, a snowy hill, or street. That would be cool. Course, around where I am, the plow guys start really early, so we miss our chance.
ReplyDeleteBut it's a nice thought.
i LOVE putting cinnamon in my coffee grounds! mmm mmm.
ReplyDeletefirst, i wish it snowed here in orange county. and second, i SO WISH people would ski down the street! i would watch all day long. ;)
I agree! It makes it so much more warm and cozy. Put it in blended iced coffee too! It makes a yummy cinnamon whipped cream, yum!
ReplyDeleteWe have a lot of snow here too. And by a lot, I mean a lot for PA....for Boston, it'd probably be considered tame. But I have been told my area received the most locally.
ReplyDeleteANYWAY
I hope you're enjoying your snow days :)
<3 Kiersten
When we got about a foot of snow in Seattle two years ago there were tons of people getting around by cross country skis in my neighborhood and it was so cool!
ReplyDeleteSuch a good idea!! Yummmmm ... I heart cinnamon. Stay warm.
ReplyDeletethanks for the coffee tip!
ReplyDelete