dreaming of a craft room.

january can often feel like a blah month, so let's indulge in some good, old-fashioned daydreaming, shall we? :)

i would love to have a craft room/office some day... a place to sew, knit, write, wrap presents, and store all of my craft supplies in adorable containers. as of this moment, i do all creative things in our living room, as it's the only space big enough! but someday, my friends... some day. and then i will invite you all over for tea and crafting projects.

here are some of my favorite, inspirational images:
mosaica5dbdc8242fafa394b142c4d87071c6e78c356e2

so, now i'm curious, do you have a craft room or a designated space to get your creative juices flowing? i'd love to see pictures! xo.

(photo credits: pinterest)

21 comments:

  1. i love your gathering of inspiration...each and every image is perfect. it kinda makes me want to redo my space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am about to get a new apartment with an office/craft room and am BEYOND excited! I've been decorating it (in my head) for months. I do have dreams of a big loft studio space one day ... January is definitely a month for dreaming and drooling over interior design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These images totally trump my under-the-bed box of kraft paper & ribbons... I'll keep dreaming! The rooms above look like ones that could actually inspire some creativity. I like that they're not packed to the brim!

    Also loving the idea of all of us coming over for tea. Thanks for the invite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful inspiration! I currently have a bookcase filled with art supplies, a very large printer, old text books and crafy inspiration. I'm hoping our next space lets me branch out a bit! I do all of my projects in the living room, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh. I didn't used to understand why my mom needed a craft/sewing room, and now I totally, totally get it. My husband and I had planned on using the spare room as a joint computer/sewing space, but I quickly realized that if I had to rearrange things and pull things out and put things away in order to sew, then it wasn't going to happen. (And it doesn't happen for that very reason.) I need a space to leave things out and return to projects when I feel the creativity flowing (or just need to work on them). Aahhh, someday, someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not have a craft room but I would love to have a seperate office (for writing) and craft room for sewing & scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always just done my crafts in the living room area, that way I'm still with everyone while doing what I love. The idea of a craft room is wonderful though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have a little craft corner in our bedroom (i also have an office space in there - ha!) i can't wait to have a whole room for crafting one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would also love to have a craft room - I do all my crafting in the living room because it's bright and sunny duringi the day and at night it's where the hubs and the cat hang out. We have a spare room but it's also our guest room and storage room and it's not very big. Some day. Some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is so great!!! seems like you really have your style nailed down! :) love it.

    i do have a craft "room" (also our guest room... and many other things) i love that I can leave all my projects half done if I need to finish later and they aren't in the way of my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad i am not the only one who ends up with glue stuck to the living room rug, or scraps of felt behind the couch :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love a craft room. Sadly, I don't have one. I store stuff randomly in 3 different closets. When I want to sew I have to lug my machine out to the dining table. I don't mind it though.. someday I may have that special room as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have a writing corner: desk, little bookcase, dry erase board, etc. i'm very lucky in my tiny house to have that space. i LOVE it!

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  14. i wish that i had an extra room that i could turn into a studio for all of my design, painting, photography editing, etc. it would be so nice to have a special area designated just for that where i could feel inspired and creative. i LOVE this little collection of photos so much! from what i can tell, the blue chair in the first photo is perfection. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a desk for my 'serious' stuff, but the underneath is stuffed with bags of fabric and wool, my sewing machine and my 'paper crafts' box, as I call it. I'd love to make the whole room a crafty design haven *sigh* one day...

    ReplyDelete
  16. a craft room sounds magical!

    i have a craft dresser. does that count? :-/

    ReplyDelete
  17. i too dream of a craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh yes we all dream of that perfect space some day, mine isn't still what I dream of but I'm grateful and happy to have this already...Papernstitch made a cute post about my studio and home here http://papernstitchblog.com/2010/12/15/flea_market_style_house_tour/ and some more here too http://www.flickr.com/photos/lafeecoriandre/sets/72157625547981834/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love having my office/work space. I work from home so it is both my "day job area" and my hobby/fun area. I will send you a collage of pictures and what makes me happy in there.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is inspiring for me to read as well, I'm just now having my very first opportunity to create a craft room/office/workspace/voice studio...you name it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am blessed with a space of my own - http://thesilveracorn.blogspot.com/2009/10/my-own-space.html. It's evolved into more now, as my photography area has moved in there also. It's my wonderful sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.