
this morning, i bundled up and took a little walk around our neighborhood. the snow came up to my knees!
all the whiteness and stillness made me realize i could never live somewhere where it doesn't snow. i am addicted to making foot prints on untouched sidewalks.
now i'm back inside, wrapped up in a wool blanket, and watching british television. later, hot chocolate.
p.s. it snowed the day i was born, and i'm pretty sure i made an appearance that day because i wanted a peek.
we got snow in nyc too. these pics are beautiful!
ReplyDeletei'm with you - i could never live in a place where it doesn't snow.
ReplyDeleteAahhh, we did our annual Gavin & Stacey-box-set-watch over the days off we had for Christmas. Lush, it was.
ReplyDeleteThese pictures are simply beautiful x
ReplyDeleteNina, I love that you made "an appearance" to see the snow. You make me smile so much!
ReplyDeleteyes Nina, you pics and blog have a way of making me smile too. Another blogger friend of mine lives in Amsterdam and also posted wonderful pics of the snow. Pia Jane Bijkerk. Here's the link, i hope you like it.
ReplyDeletehttp://blog.piajanebijkerk.com/WordPress/2010/12/23/you-have-my-heart-snowy-amsterdam/
thank you joanna, i absolutely love pia! :)
ReplyDeletenina your pictures are making me green with envy...i'm so much of a cold weather/snow girl and i'm stuck here in texas where i'm lucky if i see one inch all year and surrounded by people who hate cold weather!! even though i was born and raised a southern girl, i feel like there's a yankee in me just dying to get out ;)
ReplyDeletethanks for giving us a peek at the beautiful white snow!
Gorgeous pics! I love seeing photos of snow but I'm a warm weather person for sure. It's in the 70's here this week (San Diego) and I couldn't be happier!
ReplyDeletewow i can't believe the snow came up to your knees! do you usually get that much in boston?! in ontario we've only got about 6 inches where i am... definitely please post more pictures :) enjoy the snow!!
ReplyDeletexo meg
so beautiful! stay warm, nina!!
ReplyDeleteahhhh this makes me miss boston so so so much! it makes my heart hurt. and makes me kind of resent florida for being the only one out of the 50 states without snow this week! silliness, if i do say so myself. :)
ReplyDeleteLove the photos!!
ReplyDelete<3 Kiersten
sheer jealousy. I understand because I was born in the mountains and never want to be apart from them. Soon, soon.
ReplyDeleteI can understand that. I love snow. But my secret wish is to live six months in a cold place and six months on a tropical beach.
ReplyDeletelove these amazing photos. on the to-do list for you: stay inside and snuggle with simon :)
ReplyDeleteYour sooo lucky! I wish I could see snow more often.. It's just so fun (at times).
ReplyDelete♥
Oh how pretty! I love the snow...now living in central Indiana it's a little hard, but we finally have a few inches. I'm from the upper peninsula of Michigan in a town that is right a long the shore of Lake Superior...We get a lot of snow and it is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to meet another snow-lover. I grew up in/live in Ohio, and even though the winter gets on my nerves sometimes, I can't imagine living somewhere there's no snow (although I might have to depending on how the job search goes).
ReplyDeletebeautiful, beautiful photos. living in the south we don't see much snow, but it's a lovely surprise when we do.
ReplyDelete