happy weekend.

A Nice View of Hallstatt
i stumbled on this picture the other day, and remembered that once upon a time, i walked the streets of this little town. it's called hallstatt and lies right near the border between austria and germany. on the weekend that i visited, it was covered in snow just like this photograph. pure magic.

tomorrow, i am going to enjoy my own little town and visit quincy market with a friend. clam chowder in a bread bowl here we come. :)

finally, thank you to everyone who entered the music giveaway! i was so touched to see so many comments. without further ado, the winners are: robyn, morgan, and laura. and since a few of you asked, below is the playlist. enjoy!

naturally nina music mix.

(photo credit: lexyman01)

23 comments:

  1. I've been to Hallstatt! It's beautiful. :) I'm going antiquing in NH tomorrow. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To everyone who has not experienced clam chowder in a bread bowl . . . find a way to do so. Immediately (if not sooner).

    Happy weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous picture. Funny; one of my favorite memories of college in Germany was hiking along the border of Austria. We went through a moor and there were orchids everywhere...had no idea they had these in Germany. So beautiful. Thanks for sharing this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photo, like something from a fairytale. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the mix! What a lovely picture-I'm putting this on my list of places to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blissful little town, I'd love to be there right now *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! Hallstatt is pretty close to my hometown! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...I miss Europe when I see these pics...thanks for sharing though.
    AND for the playlist...I'm never great at creating them, so this is wonderful that it's already made!
    HUGS and a happy weekend!
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful picture - how cool that you've been there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness that photo is so beautiful! I want to be there right now. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That picture is the best kind of beautiful. Thank you-I'll have to go! I can't believe I didn't see the giveaway and that I have been away from the blog so long-this week has been crazy! Cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enchanting photo! There is something about Europe that sets the dreamer/artiste in me in motion. Do you find the same to be true for you?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for Quincy Market! I would always go to Steve's Greek. I told myself I would try something new every time I went, but Steve's just kept bringing me back :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. that village looks like an absolute dream! so enchanting. and i love how you styled your song list!

    happy weekend nina!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited for my copy of the mix! Thanks for picking me as a winner :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. that black keys song is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh what a beautiful picture! It makes you wish you were there strolling down the streets.

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a fun little playlist!!

    our yoga instructor has been perusing the "mash-up" sites and creating new mixes and they have been amazing!! if you're in the market for finding some new/mashed tunes, i think the site he uses is mashup industries or something like that. you can download for free, or for a donation :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. i was just about to comment about how dreamy that photo was when i read the rest of the post about your winners, and...YAY i'm so excited! i never win anything! i can't wait to play your mix :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I created this playlist on my Grooveshark account and have been listening to it non-stop. I absolutely love it; thank you for posting. And please post more when the spirit moves you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. nina, i am obsessed with this playlist. perfect for a cozy day inside while listening to the (freezing) rain outside. stay warm. xo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.