a special giveaway.

my dear friends,
i've been spending a lot of time in the car lately, driving to and from yoga classes. so, last night, i decided to entertain myself by making a new music mix. and well... it turned out so lovely, i've decided to share it with all of you!

musicmix

the mix features some of my favorite new tunes, including songs from the amazing albums above.

all you have to do is leave a comment on this post by friday, january 28th, and i will randomly select three (yes, three!) winners. good luck!    

105 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collage of album covers.

    Love it!

    xx

    ~Tamuna

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooh....i would love to spice up my music routine! and i am sure your musical taste is impeccable, as in all things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful giveaway! I also spend a lot of time in my car; I would love to hear your mix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been finding all sorts of fabulous music through my Pandora stations. I always love to hear what other people are listening too. Even if I don't win, I would love to see the playlist...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to new music in this drab Maine winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always looking for ways to be introduced to new music. What a lovely idea this is! Fingers crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed you've included Mumford & Sons' album, great choice!!! I love them! I've started getting back into running again and I'm always looking for new tunes to listen to while I'm on that treadmill to keep me going so I would love to see your playlist!

    cheers!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Always looking for new and interesting music. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooo! i would love to win. i am always on the lookout for new music! thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a wonderful idea! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need some new music in my life!! Also, isn't the process of making a music mix cathartic? I love it =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love finding new music! (Mumford and Sons recently became a favorite.) Thanks for the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! You know I love a good mix tape :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a great idea! i love making mixtapes :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. well now i have to enter, if only because the bottom middle band (good old war) are my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  16. jessica, you know good old war?! that is so cool!! i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nina! I am pretty sure we're living parallel lives, although I am not nearly the blogger you are! I've been teaching yoga for 6 months now, and finally feel like I'm getting my stride and enjoying it more and more. I also jumped on the green smoothie bandwagon! Except I use: 3/4 cup almond milk, two ice cubes, 1/2 banana, handful spinach, frozen mango chunks, chia or flax seeds, and sometimes a few strawberries or blueberries.

    Anyway, just wanted to check in. Of course I'd love to hear your mix! xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this idea! and i love new music. to second what a few others said, i hope you will post the track listings for those who don't get to score their own copy. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pick me Pick me! I just recently started going to yoga and I must say, its hard at times - its also wonderful! This will be great on my way too and from!!!
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have been loving your beautiful blog. Thank you for sharing such beauty and inspiration. Some new music would be welcome in my home!
    Jai Bhagwan, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  21. aww i would love to win this! i'm always on the lookout for fantastic new tunes, and i usually seem to be behind in finding great new bands (for example, i just started listening to mumford&sons a few weeks ago!) so i'd love to hear what you listen to :)
    xo meg

    ReplyDelete
  22. would love to hear your musical tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  23. count me in!!! i'm in desperate need of new tunes...
    and i have a feeling you've got good taste ;)

    what a great giveaway!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooooh, I'm always looking for good new (to me) music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Led Zepplin IV!! My favourite album evah!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I would love some new tunes!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cool giveaway idea! I love it, and I'm always looking for new music, so it would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Mumford and Sons is my new favorite band of the year! With that said, I've never heard of any of the other bands, but if you like Mumford and Sons, I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete
  29. nina, yes my husband used to be in a band with them, they are old friends. they are great guys who make great music, so funny to see them here!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's awesome! I'd love to win. :)

    Lauren
    www.laurensthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a fun idea for a giveaway! :) I always love discovering new music.

    ReplyDelete
  32. That sounds great! I'd love to win a c.d. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I've just started walking (5 weeks post-partum) again and could use some new tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  34. you need to drive to texas to teach yoga. we'd love to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'd love to hear what you are listening to right now! If you want something to add to your playlist, check out Basement Jaxx. They're my new sound obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I would love to hear some new music! I listen to mostly reggae and it would be nice to venture out of my box :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. great idea everyone! i will post the playlist on friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh my what a cute idea! loves me some mumford and sons. they are so mellow and precious.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Awesome! I am obsessed with Mumford & Sons at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Driving a lot sucks, but at least it's for a job you love!
    Also, I love mixtapes - they're a wonderful way to pass time more quickly.
    And finally, I saw this post and thought it would be a perfect place to bring this up - I got the idea from Alivia Thinks This and haven't been able to forget about it: I'd like to try to do a mix-tape swap with some people from Blogger. Would you be interested?
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  41. I would looove to listen :) Hope you are having a lovely week (besides all the driving!)

    ReplyDelete
  42. fun giveaway! from the looks of the albums you posted, I know I would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  43. What a great giveaway Nina! I'm always on the lookout for new music :) Yay! Thanks for the chance to win!

    xo
    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  44. Sweet! I would love to hear the mix you came up with. I betcha it's great relaxing and inspiring music!

    ReplyDelete
  45. I heard April Smith and the great picture show at my favorite coffee shop ages ago, but forgot their name! Thank you for re-finding them for me!

    ReplyDelete
  46. What a great giveaway! Im keeping my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  47. OH! what a great lovely gift! I'm not familiar with all these artists, so I'm looking forward to finding some new music now.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Oh, I need some musical inspiration. All Elvis Costello All The Time - well, I can't complain. I love him. But I don't think even my Elvis would approve of my not branching out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. My yoga teacher, Hilary Lowbridge, turned me onto your beautiful blog. New music is always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  50. OH my gosh i love brandon flowers :) that's a really good album.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  51. i'll be honest and say that i don't anything about these artists, but since you have such good taste, i would love a little education.

    ReplyDelete
  52. This is a great idea for a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  53. ooh. I travel a lot, and new music definitely helps make it more pleasant. I'd love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  54. I'm ashamed to admit that much of my music selection still dates from my high school and college days. Please pick me and open up my world a little Nina!

    ReplyDelete
  55. i love mix cds.. and it looks like you have great taste in music (not suprised). what a fun giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  56. such a cute idea for a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  57. Mix cd's are sooooo sweet

    ReplyDelete
  58. I would love a music mix created by you! Crossing my fingers...

    ReplyDelete
  59. first of all, thanks for sharing beautiful notes and thoughts...I must admit I come 'here' everyday to check the news! :)
    Loved the albums covers, by the way...and looking forward to listen to your favourites tunes...But I am in London...am I still entitled?

    ReplyDelete
  60. thank you for the music proposals. i'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  61. What a fantastic idea and such a lovely giveaway! I'm going to listen to some of these tonight I think =)

    ReplyDelete
  62. How lovely, I always love discovering new music :)

    ReplyDelete
  63. Mumford and sons is definitely my favorite album of 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  64. It`s very nice of you, thank you very much for this wonderful giveaway.
    Om shanti
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love the collage of albums. My husband was just saying we needed to add more music to our collection.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Oooooh - I have gotten so many great music recommendations off your site!

    ReplyDelete
  67. Oh Nina...this sounds fabulous! I love new music and would be so delighted to win.

    ReplyDelete
  68. This would be a wonderful addition to my long wintery commutes I've been have these days!

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love hearing what other people listen to!
    How nice of you to give away a mix of music!

    ReplyDelete
  70. neat. I really enjoy Mumford and Sons...I would like to be in on this!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Ooooh I would love to be introduced to some new tunes. I spend about 2 hours a day in my car driving to and from work. :) Pick me, pick me!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. Nice i need some new music to listen to!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  73. I loved the Junip track you recommended a while ago; I'd love to see what's on your mix!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Love to hear new music! Thanks for a chance to win!

    ReplyDelete
  75. From the album covers shown above, I can tell that this is going to be a great CD! I would love to win!

    ReplyDelete
  76. That would be so fun to receive!!

    *fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  77. This is so fun and personal! I'm obsessed with Mumford & Sons.

    ReplyDelete
  78. yes please! i'd love some new tunes...with 2 toddlers and a baby to fill my days up with noise, i relish any quiet time i can get. but that usually means i'm not tuning in to the radio as often... :( pick me! pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  79. I could definitely use some new music!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Lovely, I need some new tunes!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Oh, This music all looks amazing. Thanks for doing this! x

    ReplyDelete
  82. You have very good taste in music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  83. love love new music! i have a feeling that you have excellent taste! :)

    ReplyDelete
  84. i'm always down for new music!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I just adore music mixes!! There's always an underlying theme or emotion, whether intended or not...

    ReplyDelete
  86. I'm always looking for new beats. Crossing my fingers!! Thanks.

    Namaste.

    ReplyDelete
  87. There's nothing better than discovering new music - I'd love to be one of the lucky three...happy thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  88. this is great. i love hearing new music...and this mixes a few artists that i already love!

    ReplyDelete
  89. How wonderful! I love discovering new music and seeing how other people put mixes together.

    ReplyDelete
  90. Oh I love Mumford & Sons! This is a fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete
  91. So fun! Would love to hear what you selected :(

    ReplyDelete
  92. ooh... that would be so lovely! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  93. Music illuminates-I would love to hear what you're listening to!

    ReplyDelete
  94. i'll take it! i already tremendously adore mumford & sons, and would love to see what else you've dug up. fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  95. It's Friday, the 28th, and if I am no longer eligible, at least know that I wish you a happy weekend. If I am still eligible, then I am crossing my fingers... :) Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  96. How did I not notice this before? so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.