audrey love.

i've been on an audrey hepburn film kick recently. the other night i had an audrey marathon complete with a glass of white wine and soft pajamas.

these are the ones i've watched so far...




and these are up next on my viewing schedule...



have you seen any audrey films? which is your favorite? (and aren't these movie posters fabulous?)

31 comments:

  1. I love the posters! I need to watch more Audrey films but I'm still going through a Cary Grant film kick :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i adore Roman Holiday:) i think you'll enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should add Sabrina to your list... Audrey, Humphrey Bogart, & William Holden -- and then watch the remake with Julia Ormond, Harrison Ford, & Greg Kinnear! Wait Until Dark is also fabulous, but scary.

    Roman Holiday is my favorite! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Roman Holiday is my favorite, but she's so glamorous in Breakfast at Tiffany's. And I've been wanting a Breakfast at Tiffany's poster forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, those posters are great. Roman Holiday wins hands down for me ... would have been Breakfast at Tiffany's if it hadn't been for Mickey Rooney of course!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a big Audrey fan as well. I have a three-show boxed-set with Roman Holiday, Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's. I pull them out when I am having a girls night at home. I like Funny Face a lot as well.

    My other go-to girl for fabulous old movies is Barbara Streisand. I love Funny Girl and Hello Dolly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Sabrina, Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ashamed to admit, being a huge Audrey fan, that I haven't seen any of these films! My fav is Sabrina...but I must stop one day to see these that you mention.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two for the Road is my absolute favorite of her films. Funny about all the film marathons (surrounding on particular actress) that have been happening lately. You with Audrey, my best friend with Meryl Streep (well her's is ongoing, she wants to see every film Meryl's been in), and I'm on a Mia Farrow kick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I did a massive marathon of Audrey films the winter I lived in Japan and it was just too cold to do anything other than huddle and watch films. Love them. Maybe I should go over some of the old favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness!! My favorite post so far today:) I am such a devoted Audrey fan..she just makes me warm and fuzzy. The last one I watched was Roman Holiday- My Fair Lady is still my favorite :) but i love love love all of the ones in your marathon! I think I may go home and watch charade tonight....

    Thank you for sharing this!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love love Two for the Road. Plot aside, her wardrobe is absolutely fantastic, too! And I just found the soundtrack on vinyl the other day in a thrift store for $1!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a life long crush on Cary Grant...sigh...

    But do yourself a favor and rent Funny Face! Premise: Audrey is a nerdy bookshop clerk who is "discovered" by a fashion house shooting in her store. Naturally, she is above the whole thing (she is a Greenwich Village beatnik, after all) - but agrees to go model for them because it involves a free trip to Paris. It's 1950's in NYC and Paris (very Pepe Le Pew technicolor era), it has singing and dancing, and it even has Fred Astaire! Oh, and remember those awesome Gap commercials a few years back w/ Audrey and her capri's? that scene is from this movie.

    luv,
    -kara

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just thinking about how these movie posters are just as fantastic as the movies themselves :) I haven't seen Roman Holiday, but I would certainly love to. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Roman Holiday, Sabrina & Breakfast at Tiffany's are faves of mine! Love Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nina, you should check out this item in my etsy store...I think you might like it!

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=30342048

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are all favorites of mine, but I haven't seen Love in the Afternoon and Two for the Road. Audrey is so lovely. I first remember her in Sabrina. And then gorgeous in My Fair Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  18. looks like someone just bought that item that I linked to {thanks}! If you {or anyone else for that matter} is interested, just convo me on etsy or email me...

    jennifer.mae.davis@gmail.com

    jdavissquared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Audrey is my idol! breakfast at tiffanys is my absolute favorite. Roman Holiday, Sabrina, My Fair Lady, and Funny Face are all great too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Roman Holiday is my absolute favorite-- I had the movie poster hanging up in my high school bedroom. (I secretly wish I could find a place for it in my "married" home.) And, you must add Charade and Sabrina to your list... You'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Never has there been a classier lady! I could just stare at her pictures and watch her movies all day. I think Sabrina is my favorite....but you know, I really really love My Fair Lady! So much visual food in that musical...I am still inspired by the racetrack scene =)

    Great post...Audrey always puts a smile on my face!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These posters are absolutely lovely. I love watching Audrey Hepburn movies. She really is the epitome of class.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sabrina is by far my favorite of hers but Breakfast at Tiffanys comes in a close 2nd.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My favorite is Wait Until Dark and Roman Holiday. My husband and I have been on a Natalie Wood kick. I highly recommend Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice.

    You have such a lovely blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. audrey has been one of my biggest heroes ever since i first watched my fair lady at the age of 6. she was just the classiest, most kindhearted beauty with nothing but love to give. i strive to be like that. and as an aspiring actress, i look up to her even more! such an incredible lady.

    make sure you watch funny face and sabrina, too... two of my favorites:) it's hard to choose a favorite audrey movie, though, i love them all! i will say that 'moon river' from breakfast at tiffany's is one of my favorite songs... and it still makes me cry every single time!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I lovelovelove those posters. I just might have to join you in the moviefest! Great choice with Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  27. audrey is absolutely fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  28. I adore Audrey! I have a box set of her movies and they are the perfect pick me up. I even wrote a blog post of quotes I love of hers - I'm a little obsessed!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE Audrey Hepburn! She is so elegant and fab. Roman Holiday is great for studly Gregory Peck but the ones I can watch over and over are Sabrina and Breakfast at Tiffany's.

    I'm getting craving now...

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.