
i am a huge crier. frankly, it's a little embarrassing. but what i have discovered is that a simple hug can make all the difference. even if whatever is upsetting me is still my reality, a hug makes me feel loved and safe. and ultimately that hug comforts and empowers me enough that i can start to rationally solve the problem...
so, if you ever see me crying, wrap your arms around me and squeeze, ok?
oh nina.....i love this - i'm the same way :) xo
ReplyDeleteI am such a reluctant crier. I hate it and fight it until I have a bad headache and I'm bright red and crying anyway. I also cry at the most inopportune times. Like, in work meetings when I have to defend myself..... UGH.
ReplyDeleteI am the same way. I cry a lot. And BF just has to hug me to make whatever it is that's bugging me better... Now if only he could do this from 350 miles away...
ReplyDeleteawe i love that lesson... :)
ReplyDeleteOkay ...
ReplyDelete:)
Such simple, wise advice.
ReplyDeleteI'm the same. The worst part is when I get really embarrassed or frustrated and I can feel my eyes starting to well up...and that only makes me even more embarrassed or frustrated, feeling out of control of my emotions! I always secretly pinch myself really hard between my thumb and index finger to stop the tears...but hugging sounds like a much better solution!
ReplyDelete: )
I am the same exact way...and a hug ALWAYS helps. :)
ReplyDeleteI am the same way as well. I love hugs. The worst would be when you need it the most but the one person you want it from the most isn't around. =(
ReplyDeleteOh man, I'm a big crier too. I always just ask my boyfriend to give me a big hug. I so agree with you! Everything gets a little easier after that...
ReplyDeleteOh Nina, you are too cute!! I'll be more than happy to give you a big squeeze. :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm a HUGE crier, too!!
Too cute! I'm not much of a crier, but when I do, watch out! A hug makes so much sense because it's grounding and reassuring. So glad that you've found what it takes to empower you!
ReplyDeletehugs are very theraputic, aren't they?
ReplyDeletei'm wrapping my virtual arms around you!
ReplyDeleteyes!! i cannot even begin to tell you how embarrassed i am by my incessant crying. sometimes it happens at the most inappropriate time in the the most inappropriate place! but, a hug really does work! :)
ReplyDeleteawww i SO know how you feel... and *HUG* :D
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree more. I've had a really rough week and the other day I was crying at work (mortifying) and my colleague gave me a warm hug - made all the difference!
ReplyDeleteI agree. All can be forgiven with me if a simple hug is in order... no matter how angry. :)
ReplyDeleteNina...first thank you for keeping the life lessons coming. I love them!! And by golly how did you know me so well with this one? Loved it my friend and just want to thank you for the "happy" you gave me today. I do love my hugs and love giving them. Hope you have a fabulous and blissful weekend Nina.
ReplyDeleteSally
BRILLIANT post. i love love love it :D
ReplyDelete<3
will do! and so true!!!
ReplyDelete