this morning was a wee bit emotional and stressful for me. for reasons that are both silly and justifiable, i suddenly felt my eyes welling up.
so, my friends and i went for a quick starbucks run. their company along with a pumpkin spice latte cheered me right up.
that's not to say, that i wouldn't feel even better if i could also put on some sweat pants and snuggle with a cat or dog...


too cute, huh?
so, tell me, what do you do when you want to be comforted and cozy?
sipping yumminess,

(photo credits: ug and dream beam)
I lay on top of my bed, covered by a quilt my grandmother made years ago, the smells and memories encasing me.. with Avery, my schnauzer right beside me. Sometimes I cry but not always.
ReplyDeleteHope your day gets better
I am at home from work today, sick. To make myself better (and I know am) I made some hot tea with honey and sugar, layed my kitten on my lap and watched Office Space. The movie is beginning to inspire me to be "sick" tomorrow also :)
ReplyDeleteA pumpkin spice latte is definitely a good start ;) I get a coffee to go and take a long walk by myself, or spend the afternoon at the library.
ReplyDeletei'd like to NOT have a dog so i could have a comfy couch to get cozy in! because my dog keeps ruining my couch so i can't enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteI love snuggling with my pup when I'm down. Hope your day turns around!
ReplyDeletedon't you hate when the littlest thing makes you cry? like yesterday... feeling very empty, your post about sharing an ice cream with your friend- that whole post made me cry.
ReplyDeletei watch a good movie, or go and rent one. Movies are the great escapes of life... my Mom always said that it's nearly 2 hours you can forget about your worries and escape into a new world.
I hang out with my daughter and we go to bookstores, coffee shops and farmers markets...always comforting.
ReplyDeleteHmmm... wrapping myself in our old wedding quilt and sipping a mug of homemade chai tea often does the trick. I hope you're feeling better, Nina... And hooray for homemade bread!
ReplyDeletei crawl under the duvet with a hot water bottle and Lola. Lola is the BEST for snuggling. :) You can borrow her sometime!
ReplyDeleteyes pumpkin spice lattessssss sounds SO amazing...
ReplyDeletei dont know what i do... i just...i dont know. i call people and talk to them,, or i text my mom.
lol
xoxo
feel better
I"m glad they were able to cheer you up! I usually need to stay in my PJs, snuggle under a blanket with a hot cup of something! :)
ReplyDeletepumpking spice lattes are the best. and a good movie or book to go with it would cheer me right up. :]
ReplyDeleteTwo little puppies, Snuggles y Cuddles. They light up my life... literally.
ReplyDeleteHi Nina,
ReplyDeleteI discovered your blog a few weeks ago through boston.com (I'm linked there, too), and I must say--your sweet, introspective posts and oodles of beautiful photos make for an absolutely lovely website. Soooo soothing :-)
Sitting close with one of my sweet pets, or my darling boyfriend, is about as comforting as it gets when I'm craving cozy. Or I'll find a comforting, grounding yoga pose that I can just hang out in for a few minutes of peace and introspection.
Keep inspiring...
Holly (a fellow Boston yogini)
thank you so much holly :) you made my day!
ReplyDeleteNina, I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad you have friends to take you out and help you through your rough morning...that always helps!
ReplyDeleteI love snuggling with my puggy. She's overweight and layered with fat, she's like having a log of heat cuddled up next to me.
ReplyDeleteWhen I needed that feeling but had to go to work, I had this one super comfortable but still cute outfit that I would wear that was warm and made me feel wrapped up. Sometimes the best thing I find is to have a nap, but for some reason I normally fight that. I hope you feel better.
ReplyDeletedefinitly a warm drink, warm cozy clothes and "the holiday" on the tv
ReplyDelete