in the quiet moments.


when all i can hear in our little house is the hum of the refrigerator, here are some of the things i think about:
  • my yoga practice is like therapy.... only cheaper.
  • being married has already exceeded my expectations. the fact that hubby and i are both ridiculously excited about our new vacuum, that's just icing. :) (p.s. how domesticated are we?! yikes.)
  • pie-baking might be my new favorite hobby. does anyone have a favorite recipe? yesterday i was wondering if i could bake a pie with figs in it... hm.
  • pursuing my dreams full-time is harder than i thought it would be. but i am still so lucky to have the chance.
so, what are you thinking about lately?

happy november, friends!

(photo credit: forest bound)

15 comments:

  1. Very inspirational post today :) And I think it's great that you added the pride flag... I might have to snag it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely picture...very tranquil...it feels GREAT when you can do what you love...it'll always be a little struggle in the begining, but that's just to make you realise that you're doing something which is from the heart and to keep at it...
    Here's one of my fave recipes for figs...and SO easy!
    http://www.marthastewart.com/photogallery/fig-recipes#slide_3
    I lived in the mediterranean for 7 years and could pick them off the trees when we went for walks...LOVE figs.

    HUGS
    Char.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely lady. what are those buttons called? i would love to add one, as well as the twitter and such ive been looking for them but im not quite sure how to go about making one of those! thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm so happy for you! sounds like you are in such a great mindset right now - giddy, content, and still growing. xoxox

    p.s. love your pride flag

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that silence in the house. Recently, I have been thinking about pursuing my dreams and my upcoming trip to NYC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little posts! My favorite pie recipe would have to be caramel with a graham cracker crust. It's the only pie I can manage to make entirely from scratch. I love being married, too. It's funny how after living together and sharing everything, somehow it can still be different. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, thank god for your wonderful lists--especially at the start of a new month. I feel invigorated to think of my things, too. Thank you also for the PS note about the pride flag--that's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Creamy Pumpkin Pie recipe from Williams Sonoma is like a heart attack in a pie shell, but I LOVE it. So yummy and rich!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh your domestication is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love the quiet moments. In my home its the purring of the cats and the faint sound of school children a few doors down. Cheers to domesticity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so important to think about those things in the quiet moments. Thanks for inspring me today.

    I also love that simple bedroom

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhh, we got a dyson this last summer and we love it! they are a-mazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bliss!
    Lovely post and loved the pride-flag too. I decided to add it to my blog too.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.