i'm so excited for today! it's time to kick off this year's holiday gift guide with selections for your guy who brings you coffee in the morning, changes poopy diapers, rubs your feet at night, and makes you laugh until your stomach hurts.

from left to right, top to bottom:
the colbert christmas special - i bought this dvd for simon several christmases ago, and we've made it a tradition to watch it every year while we decorate the christmas tree. it's funny and features musical guests such as feist, john legend, willie nelson, elvis costello and toby keith. (even jon stewart makes a cameo!) available on amazon. ($10)
gorgeous navy blue duffel bag - perfect for those weekend getaways, or for hauling his sports gear around. available at madewell. ($148)
new cedar brown wallet - simple and slim, perfect for his credit cards, a metro card and some cash. available from scabby robot. ($30)
"you the man" mug - because it's true. and because after all these years, you still feel bad that he sips coffee out of a floral mug that you've had since the fifth grade. available from lenny mud. ($16)
vintage coffee decanter - keeping up with the coffee theme, this is a decadent way to make coffee on those lazy sunday mornings while you're flipping through the new york times and munching on fresh scones. available from inmyigloo, ($14) or search for vintage coffee decanter on etsy or ebay.
classic stanley thermos - durable and keeps things hot. enough said. available at urban outfitters. ($48)
john varvatos cologne, vintage edition - rugged, smoky, leathery, woodsy, classic... like a fall day in a rustic cabin. humina humina! available here or in your local department store. ($78)
first edition or vintage book - he's loves reading, so why not treat him to one of this favorite books old-school style? search your local used books store, or scour through etsy or ebay. don't forget to write a romantic inscription on the inside cover. kurt vonnegut's slaughter house five is available here. ($10)
stylish camera strap - so he looks good when he's snapping photos of you on vacation, and stands out among the crowd of dads at the school play. originally available at the classic strap company. ($30) if sold out, alternatives are here, here and here.
so, now tell me... what are you planning on giving the man in your life? please feel free to add suggestions in the comments section! can't wait to hear. xo.
Such cute ideas. I like the wallet & that cologne sounds like it'll smell soo soo good. I bought my bf a new guitar strap so that'll be snazzy. =) I'll remember these ideas. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteMelanie's Randomness
i want that duffle bag for myself!
ReplyDeleteI'm not married, but I'm giving my boyfriend a calendar I customized with pictures of us, the new DVD of the office deleted scenes, and pistons tickets! :)
ReplyDeleteLauren
www.laurensthoughts.com
Oooh thanks for the Colbert DVD tip - that would be a hit! My guy is also getting a better yoga mat because he started a year ago and is still practicing.
ReplyDeleteOoh, love the wallet and duffel bag.
ReplyDeleteI'm really diggin' the camera strap! Might just have to get that one for myself.. : )
ReplyDeleteSuch goodies! My hubbie would love all of this (:
ReplyDeleteBooks are always great:::)
ReplyDeletemusic concert tickets, yes!! :)
ReplyDeleteLove these ideas - especially the You The Man! mug! For Christmas I got my boyfriend Star Wars pancake molds and a Darth Vader spatula from Williams Sonoma to honor his love of both brunch and Star Wars : )
ReplyDeleteso, are you getting a lot of money advertising like this?
ReplyDeleteAnonymous- no, not at all. The gift guides are just for fun; things I really love. I'm not being compensated at all. Xo
ReplyDeleteI love this gift guide! (And I totally looked at the stylish camera straps for myself hehe!)
ReplyDeletethanks for coming to my blog! so glad I found yours.
ReplyDeletemy husband would totally love the Colbert Christmas :D
http://bottleblack.blogspot.com
oooh la la. LOVE the leather wallet...so manly!
ReplyDeletea great list for the hubby. and i'm kind of in love with your blog now!! :) love it.
ReplyDeleteI love this little list. I am taking your advice and getting two things from it for my husband ;)
ReplyDeleteAside from the 'you the man' mug, I want all of these things for myself (and I have the exact book, torn and bent in almost the same places). I'm so manly.
ReplyDeleteyou have such awesome gift guides, thank you! i especially love the camera strap and the recipe box from the friend guide.
ReplyDelete