calm in your heart.


it's a gray, rainy day in boston, and i'm sitting here with my mug of coffee, feeling very contemplative. so, instead of waxing poetically, i'm going to share this great quote with you:

peace: it does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. in means to be in the midst of those things, and still be calm in your heart. -unknown

so, tell me, what's your mood today? peaceful? introspective? joyful?

(photo credit: clumsy bird)

12 comments:

  1. It's a rainy day in Portland today and I'm feeling tired (and as a result, unproductive). I want to snuggle up on my couch and read a book...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful quote! My mood is ....anxious and stressed! The end of the semester is approaching and I hadn't realized how much I have to do until I sat down this morning to make a list! I'll try to apply this quote and calm myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's sunny, but cold in Cincinnati today. My mood is a bit annoyed. I'm longing to have some time to myself. To be creative. To blog. To take care of little things, like cleaning. I know it sounds selfish, but I'm craving some "me time." I want to cross off all the "have to" things on my list so I can get to the "want to" things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what great insight! i'm in a ready-to-be-out-of-work-and-eating-dinner kind of mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! I needed it today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great quote. My mood is a little anxious today. Thanks for the calm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's the first of the winter-y weather days of Northern Alabama and I'm soaking in the joy they bring before they become too familiar to appreciate.
    Love that quote! Thanks for sharing (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's sunny and actually kind of warm here in chicago. i feel bored and restless today...need to learn and find more peace from within...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mood today has been overwhelmed.. but this quote is just lovely. Thanks for brightening my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. needed this little reminder today, i've been feeling a bit anxious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is one of my favorite quotations. Each and every time I read it there still is something so profound and thought provoking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this quote. I'm a bit sad today, so this was perfect. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.