(snapshot from a gorgeous hike this weekend)
- the smell of pine trees.
- waking up in the morning and immediately putting on soft, thick socks.
- picking simon up from the airport when he's been gone for a few days.
- graham cracker crusts.
- playing holiday music while i clean.
- the sound of soup bubbling on the stove.
- and last but not least, this inspiring video.
what little things made you happy today? i'd love to hear!
xo.
p.s. thank you all for your sweet comments on friday. sadly, the bakery job didn't work out. but i'm fine with it. i spent the weekend cooking, hiking, talking, eating, and lounging. i was also lucky enough to meet fellow blogger, tanya, for brunch. so much fun! in other words, i'm feeling better. :)
Oh, I know how you feel! I recently got a long-hoped-for job at a coffee shop, and it ended up being completely terrible and I quit after 6 weeks. Not sure if your situation is similar, but I understand the disappointment after expecting something wonderful...
ReplyDeletewhat's making me happy today: Cherry Coke Zero, grilled cheese sandwich for dinner, a good day at my teaching field experience, a nice hot shower, cuddling with my dog, new music on my iPod for the drive home : )
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry the job didn't wokr out : ( but I'm glad you had a good weekend!
I love your blog, thank you for all you do!
sweet post- i love that nail polish as well- such a flattering shade! Reading made me very happy today, and yoga... quiet, comforting yoga.
ReplyDeletecheers from a fellow yogi!!!
sorry about the job! things that made me happy today: a nice, realxing run after work, gloves, lounging around in pajamas with my husband, popcorn while taking advantage of netflix :)
ReplyDeleteThe smell of pine immediately makes me think of Christmas and that's always a good thing :)
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your job not working out. But I'm sure something else will come along.
What's making me happy today: knowing that I have three days left and I will have successfully completed my first year of university :) It feels like a massive achievement.
christmas music always makes me happy. even in july!
ReplyDeleteI love the colour of that nail polish!
ReplyDeleteMaking me happy today is a warm cup of tea under a cozy blanket. Hope you have a week of happy things.
Things that make me happy are...
ReplyDeletewhen I'm working and I get into that place with my photography or collages or books - especially when I'm cutting lots of paper
sunshine - it's an unusually good November in Sweden since I've seen the sun every day so far, even though we only get a few hours of daylight
hugs
art
the colour yellow
my new shoes! non-leather, high-heeled, Lady Gaga style shoes which I found yesterday and that actually aren't uncomfortable
I also really like to vacuum if I've spilled rice (uncooked) on the floor! :D I like how it rattles and I feel really efficient.
Yay! Glad you're feeling better!
ReplyDeletemmm that stew looks delicious! i've been loving cooking with butternut squash. glad to hear you're feeling better!
ReplyDeletethanks for sharing that video -- it really is inspiring! have you made any delicious pies lately?
ReplyDeleteI love that nail polish!
ReplyDeleteI love happy music.