I have my favorite holiday movies as well, that I watch over and over again. I need to watch The Grinch and the TV claymation movies like Rudolph, Frosty, ect...
Those are all fun films, especially Love Actually and Bridget Jones' Diary (both featuring the dreamy Colin Firth) But for me, nothing will ever compare to It's a Wonderful Life. It is the quintessential feel-good holiday movie. George Bailey, I'll love you till the day I die!
love actually is absolutely one of my favorite holiday movies (i may have already watched it twice this season...) and i love home alone, and it's a wonderful life, and the charlie brown christmas is so sweet too... there are so many great ones! yay for holiday movies! xo meg
Definitely Love Actually -- and, unrelated but somehow related (?), Little women. My bf loves The Christmas Story. This is getting me excited for the holidays!!
Ooh they are all my faves too! Im a big dork though and still have to watch the kiddie shows like the Rankin Bass claymation specials. Christmas Vacation always gets a play too.
I haven't seen love actually yet, but my boyfriend's family has a tradition to watch a movie together on christmas eve and this year it is love actually!
You have compiled the best list, Nina! I love each and every one! My personal favorite is Love Actually. I always watch it to get in the holiday spirit!
The Holiday and Love Actually are two of my favorite movies related to Christmas! Of course I also watch the old claymation movies and I also watch Stepmom - weird and sad, I know, but a Christmas tradition nonetheless. xo
I love your choices! Love Actually and the Holiday are two of my favorites. I think my very favorite Christmas movie of all time is a really obscure one, called The Christmas List. I don't even think it's available on DVD and I don't know that it airs anymore. It's cute, in that terrible holiday movie way, though!
Such good movie choices! Love Actually & Serendipity always make me tear up! My all-time favorite holiday movie is actually a British animated piece called The Snowman. There are no words--just gorgeous music and an incredibly sweet story.
I went on a google hunt a week or two ago and found the entire thing online. Here it is. Grab a box of tissues!
I love this post because this is something that me and my bf did this past Christmas we spent together.
It was our first Christmas in our first apartment together so I thought why not make it our first tradition and each rent 6 Christmas movies (without the other one knowing which one we rented until the night of) as a mini Christmas movie marathon.
We rented 4 out of the 6 you posted (Love Actually, Elf, The Holiday, and The Family Stone.)
We also rented Christmas in Connecticut, Christmas Vacation, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch, Home Alone 2, and that might be it. (I think we didn't make our deadline for Dec. 25th) but it was cozy with the snow outside & white hot chocolate in our mugs.
Hope we continue our tradition this year.... :) Karyn
oh god i LOVE ELF!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteoh and bad santa :)
love actually, the Holiday, and Bridget Jones's Diary are my 3 all-time favorites!
ReplyDeleteI have my favorite holiday movies as well, that I watch over and over again. I need to watch The Grinch and the TV claymation movies like Rudolph, Frosty, ect...
ReplyDeleteThose are all fun films, especially Love Actually and Bridget Jones' Diary (both featuring the dreamy Colin Firth) But for me, nothing will ever compare to It's a Wonderful Life. It is the quintessential feel-good holiday movie. George Bailey, I'll love you till the day I die!
ReplyDeleteI just bought The Holiday. I love that movie. Jude Law just steals my heart in that movie.
ReplyDeleteLove Actually and The Holiday are my favorites of all time and that you've posted. And White Christmas. It's classic.
ReplyDeleteLove Actually is near the top of my list, but Little Women (both 1994 and 1949 versions) and Meet Me in St. Louis are the all time favorites
ReplyDeleteLet's see... we've recently watched Elf, Home Alone, and The Santa Claus. And I caught The Family Stone on tv the other night.
ReplyDeleteSuch a great season for watching those favorite flicks.
We've still got plans to watch A Christmas Story and Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the Griswolds.
Great choices!
ReplyDeletelove actually is absolutely one of my favorite holiday movies (i may have already watched it twice this season...) and i love home alone, and it's a wonderful life, and the charlie brown christmas is so sweet too... there are so many great ones! yay for holiday movies!
ReplyDeletexo meg
Definitely Love Actually -- and, unrelated but somehow related (?), Little women. My bf loves The Christmas Story. This is getting me excited for the holidays!!
ReplyDeleteThose movies were so much fun to watch! I think I wouldn't mind to see them again )
ReplyDeleteevery single one you posted are my favorites!!!! The Holiday above all, but those are great pics!
ReplyDeleteOoh they are all my faves too!
ReplyDeleteIm a big dork though and still have to watch the kiddie shows like the Rankin Bass claymation specials.
Christmas Vacation always gets a play too.
Just watched, The Family Stone, yesterday. So good!
ReplyDeleteLOVE Love Actually. I could watch that movie year round. And I do!
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen love actually yet, but my boyfriend's family has a tradition to watch a movie together on christmas eve and this year it is love actually!
ReplyDeleteThose are some good picks! I love Elf, and Love Actually as well :)
ReplyDeleteYou have compiled the best list, Nina! I love each and every one! My personal favorite is Love Actually. I always watch it to get in the holiday spirit!
ReplyDeleteThe Holiday and Love Actually are two of my favorite movies related to Christmas! Of course I also watch the old claymation movies and I also watch Stepmom - weird and sad, I know, but a Christmas tradition nonetheless. xo
ReplyDeleteThe Family Stone creeped me out - wouldn't it be weird to just switch brothers like that? Imagine the awkward family dinners in the future...
ReplyDeleteI love Love Actually! And Serendipity :)
ReplyDeleteI watch Miracle on 34th St. every Christmas.
The Family Stone hands down. I grew up in a big family and it was so relatable!
ReplyDeleteLittle Women the 1996 version.
Just watched The Family Stone last night! My fave is White Christmas closely followed by National Lamphoons Christmas Vacation!
ReplyDeleteOh those are all great! White Christmas is my holiday favorite.
ReplyDeleteThat whole first column includes my favorites!
ReplyDeleteSeriously. Great movie pics. I have already watched Serendipity, parts of Elf, The Family Stone, and The Holiday this season. Love them all!
ReplyDeleteserendipity is one of my all time favorite movies! :)
ReplyDeleteYay on Christmas movies!!!!!! Love The Family Stone!!!! :) Actually love them all!!!
ReplyDeletei love this movies too :) and your blog too :) it's beautiful
ReplyDeletelove actually DEFINES christmas in adulthood for me.
ReplyDeletechristmas would not be the same without it :0)
Oh, Serendipity! I'd forgotten about that one! This will make for a perfect weekend inside!
ReplyDeleteChristmas in Connecticut and Holiday Inn are my favorites :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/index.jsp?cid=14266 (yeah the trailer is pretty epic. oh boy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgoU0I3P12s
(the original movie with Bing Crosby singing White Christmas)
YES!! These are all my favorites too, especially Love Actually and Serendipity. I can't wait to watch them. Enjoy :)
ReplyDeletelove actually, the holiday and serendipity my christmas favorites too! love it when love finds its way!
ReplyDeleteA Christmas Story is always on my list!
ReplyDeleteThe Family Stone drives me to INSANITY... but I can't not watch it! hehe I also love THE REF and CHRISTMAS VACATION.
ReplyDeleteOh man. The Holiday is one of my most favorite chick flicks ever. Mr. Napkin head gets me everytime.
ReplyDeleteelf is my faaaavvvooorrriiitteee!!!!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Elf! just watched it actually...
ReplyDeleteand When Harry Met Sally always reminds me of Christmas...
My favorites:
ReplyDelete-Elf
-It's a Wonderful Life
-A Christmas Story
-and many more...
I absolutely love Christmas movies!
the holiday, love actually, and the family stone = love. <3
ReplyDeleteI love your choices! Love Actually and the Holiday are two of my favorites. I think my very favorite Christmas movie of all time is a really obscure one, called The Christmas List. I don't even think it's available on DVD and I don't know that it airs anymore. It's cute, in that terrible holiday movie way, though!
ReplyDeleteSuch good movie choices! Love Actually & Serendipity always make me tear up! My all-time favorite holiday movie is actually a British animated piece called The Snowman. There are no words--just gorgeous music and an incredibly sweet story.
ReplyDeleteI went on a google hunt a week or two ago and found the entire thing online. Here it is. Grab a box of tissues!
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2067664373050394413&ei=Ka8MS8-fCpTwlQfm0vC5Dg&hl=en#
(Cool aside: David Bowie is the narrator at the beginning!)
These are all my faves! One more I love is The Family Man with Nicolas Cage & Tea Leoni, it's the best!
ReplyDeleteHey Nina!
ReplyDeleteI love this post because this is something that me and my bf did this past Christmas we spent together.
It was our first Christmas in our first apartment together so I thought why not make it our first tradition and each rent 6 Christmas movies (without the other one knowing which one we rented until the night of) as a mini Christmas movie marathon.
We rented 4 out of the 6 you posted (Love Actually, Elf, The Holiday, and The Family Stone.)
We also rented Christmas in Connecticut, Christmas Vacation, A Charlie Brown Christmas, The Grinch, Home Alone 2, and that might be it. (I think we didn't make our deadline for Dec. 25th) but it was cozy with the snow outside & white hot chocolate in our mugs.
Hope we continue our tradition this year.... :)
Karyn