the rents.


today my darling parents arrive from norway! they are two of the most positive, energetic people you'll ever know. and they also love happy hour. this is why we get along so well.


this photograph was taken in 1974 right after they got married. i could stare at it all day. they look so happy, don't they?

37 comments:

  1. Fabulous photo! Your mum looks so young there. LOVE your dad's norwegian jumper!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having loving parents is a true blessing. I love and adore mine. This picture is GREAT!!
    Cheers~Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. Nina, seems like you've got your dad's eyes! Have you seen this site dedicated to old-school parent photos? http://myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com/

    You should submit a photo of your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is SO adorable!! you can just feel the happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a great idea! and yes, i've got my dad's everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful shot - their happiness is jumping right out of the picture! Enjoy your parents visit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nina, you are your dad. i'm my dad too!
    this photo is incredible, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So adorable! Your dad's sweater rules :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Love it! I love seeing pics of friend's parents when they were in their 20's/30's... it's like you can see where the genes came from! =D
    I too, am a spitting image of my dad... I have a pic of him at 19 and if you cover his hair cut it's my face! So funny/amazing.

    Have an AMAZING visit with your parents! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They do indeed - what a beautiful photo, just bursting with happiness! Enjoy spending time with them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. haha that is so sweet! They love happy hour, so cute! Have so much fun with them. There's nothing better than spending time with family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're gorgeous! And I agree, you have your dad's eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes yes yes, you are your father's daughter.
    And how perfectly Scandinavian do they look! Oh my. This made my afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nina! You have your father's eyes! :)
    So lovely this picture is! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's such an amazing photo. <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow you really do look just like your dad! And I'm one of those people who always has a really hard time figuring out which parent someone looks like.

    It really is an adorable picture:) Enjoy your time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  17. no matter what vintage,
    the glow of love is something to toast about:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Makes a person tear up! You can't get any happier than they are @ that moment. My family is from Holsen, Norway & my daughter Emily's boyfriend is from Kristiansand. I hope you have a fabulous time during their visit. Cheers to you all ~

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a cute picture!! I lost my dad two years ago...enjoy this time with your parents. It goes so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  20. look at that sweater!!
    your mom is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope your mom kept some of her old clothes because they are both oh so stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That they love happy hour - this is awesome!

    Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Så koselig det må være å få besøk fra fedrelandet.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nina, I just love following your blog, and this photo of your beautiful folks inspired me to comment. So gorgeous, so sweet, so happy... Angie x

    ReplyDelete
  25. they look so happy! their joy in that photo is contagious!
    have a wonderful visit with them.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my gosh, they are adorable! Have a fun visit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This picture just screams happiness...love it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this photo! So great. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  29. it's so nice to know that other people love their parents as much as i do! i love looking at their old photo's, they always make me smile :) as does reading your blog <3

    ~*mandy*~

    ReplyDelete
  30. this is such an adorable photo!! they do look so happy and cute together.

    ReplyDelete
  31. That picture has such a beautiful energy to it!
    Anyone who doesn't even know your folks could look at it and feel those happy vibes pulsing out!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just want to hug them and become friends. They look SOOOOOO happy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.