i've been considering trying to teach myself calligraphy, or some other kind of beautiful hand writing. what do you think, sweet readers? do you think it's feasible?
I think it's absolutely feasible and what a nice idea! Then you could do your own wedding addressing--and maybe you can use your calligraphy in the actual invitation!
definitely... and i love the non-traditional calligraphy (like in your photo above) - it's so much less stuffy, and more unique! you could maybe take your own handwriting and just fancy it up some...
My aunt is very good at origami and calligraphy...she handmakes all of her envelopes, cards, and boxes she sends to us! If you can get really good like she is, it's really quite amazing what you can create!
it's totally doable. go to the paper source and take a class and practice on your own. that's what i did, now i'll be addressing all my wedding invitations myself!
i agree w/ megara- i love the untraditional style that you show above..i used to have a "special" script that was offered for weddings and invitations, its relaxing and fun!
Yes!! Yes!! & Yes!! My Mom taught herself calligraphy and cards and gifts from her are enchanting and beautiful.. perhaps you can learn in time for wedding invitations! xo
I had a 6th grade teacher who wrote in calligraphy on a regular basis and we all thought it was incredibly awesome. I'm sure it can be done! Where to start? I don't know, but let us know how it goes =)
Definitely! It's all about the pen; once you've got the write pen then your writing will follow. You can get yourself a Teach Yourself Calligraphy book and I'm sure that you'll succeed :)
I love it! I would love to learn too. I don't think it would be too hard, if you have good handwriting to begin with. I just have never taken the time to try.
you should do it! I learned it in high school, I don't remember how to do it now though. I need to learn it again, it's so beautiful
ReplyDeleteanything is feasible if you really want to do it. :) i say go for it!
ReplyDeleteyou can do it! :)
ReplyDeleteI think it's absolutely feasible and what a nice idea! Then you could do your own wedding addressing--and maybe you can use your calligraphy in the actual invitation!
ReplyDeletedefinitely... and i love the non-traditional calligraphy (like in your photo above) - it's so much less stuffy, and more unique! you could maybe take your own handwriting and just fancy it up some...
ReplyDeleteI think handwriting is a lost art and any kind of calligraphy you choose to do would be time well spent. Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI think it's a great idea! I remember practicing my handwriting for hours when I was younger...now, not so much! :)
ReplyDeleteI can totally see you doing this -- and there are some beautiful pen sets out there. Good luck and keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteMy aunt is very good at origami and calligraphy...she handmakes all of her envelopes, cards, and boxes she sends to us! If you can get really good like she is, it's really quite amazing what you can create!
ReplyDeleteit's totally doable. go to the paper source and take a class and practice on your own. that's what i did, now i'll be addressing all my wedding invitations myself!
ReplyDeletei agree w/ megara-
ReplyDeletei love the untraditional style that you show above..i used to have a "special" script that was offered for weddings and invitations, its
relaxing and fun!
You can do anything you put your mind to! Calligraphy would be such a lovely artform to learn. You should definitely do it!
ReplyDeleteYes!! Yes!! & Yes!! My Mom taught herself calligraphy and cards and gifts from her are enchanting and beautiful.. perhaps you can learn in time for wedding invitations! xo
ReplyDeleteCompletely do it. Handwriting is becoming a lost art!
ReplyDeleteI had a 6th grade teacher who wrote in calligraphy on a regular basis and we all thought it was incredibly awesome. I'm sure it can be done! Where to start? I don't know, but let us know how it goes =)
ReplyDeletedo it! it is so lovely. I would if I could, but us left handers smudge the ink.
ReplyDeletei'd say definitely give it a shot! :D
ReplyDeleteoooh YES! i've always wanted to do this. would love to hear how it goes! my friend martha did it in law school :) she used to practice on her porch.
ReplyDeleteyou an totally learn it... although i seen nothing wrong with a piece of clear vellum and a good font.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely! It's all about the pen; once you've got the write pen then your writing will follow. You can get yourself a Teach Yourself Calligraphy book and I'm sure that you'll succeed :)
ReplyDeleteI think you should do it. Half the fun would be buying your pen and ink supplies.
ReplyDeleteI would need to teach myself cursive first though...I never really learned. My print is impeccable though!
I love it! I would love to learn too. I don't think it would be too hard, if you have good handwriting to begin with. I just have never taken the time to try.
ReplyDelete