trashing the dress (no, not my dress)

a few months ago, my friend k. had some incredible photographs taken of her in her wedding dress, (famously known as trashing the dress). i squealed when she said i could share them on the blog.


are you ready? brace yourself for some amazing eye candy...
isn't she stunning?

(photo credits: margaret singer)

26 comments:

  1. Yes, stunning! Wow, absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg!! are you kidding me?? it's just like some kind of catalogue shoot!!

    she is awesome.. love all the pics!!

    love

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know, right? i have such awesome friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trashing the dress... so much fun! My favourite part of a wedding shoot fo shizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Really gorgeous pics!
    I'm really tempted to do the same.
    But on the other hand, I was planning on saving the dress for my daughter/granddaughter...
    My dress already had a vintage feel to it when I wore it, imagine how vintage it would look in 30 years or so...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving the photos (and idea)! Thanks for sharing, Nina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO FUN! and the pictures are gorgeous! Are you going to do this with your dress?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some friends who did this - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The one in the fountain is so lovely. I don't know if i could do that but it seems like a better idear than letting the closet have the dress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for all of your compliments!

    You'll be happy to know that the dress bounced back after the photo shoot and is ready to wear again. It's cleaner now than it was after the first dry cleaning/preservation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooo, gorgeous!! How fun! I would love to do photos like this in my old dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what beautiful photos! and k. is gorgeous! i can't believe she is sitting in that fountain though! haha, I don't know if I could do that even if the wedding is over :) but she looks stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous pics and they've been shot so well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A word of advice to all brides: do save your wedding dress if you want too, once you have a daughter its fun to have a rainy saturday at some point where you both can try it on and pose in the mirror.

    However, never utter the words: I saved it so you can wear it. Ugh. Such pressure, let me tell you. If she loves it so much she will ask you if she can wear it. And more then likely, she will want her own special dress for HER wedding. First its so much fun shopping for it... secondly everyone girl has her own idea of what her wedding should be like and its rarely what her mom wore 30 years before. The styles are always so different. Thankfully...often with each generation women are taller... and thank god I was 6 inches taller then my mother! The pressure thru the years was terrible... I heard it over and over... when you get married you can wear my dress, I kept it for YOU. Ummm thanks but I have different taste!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love when people trash the dress!! How gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pictures! My husband and I had a similar session on our one year anniversary and we had so much fun! (My dress also cleaned up beautifully and is ready for its next adventure). So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was scrolling down and was suprised to see her in the fountain! lol. Pretty photos!

    But yeah, I just wanted to stop by and let you know that I'm having a little holiday giveaway on my blog! :)

    xo
    Cassie

    http://moonfaceon.blogspot.com/2009/12/holiday-giveaway-perch-papiers.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow...WOW..love the one on the sofa-
    incredibly gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous pictures...i love the one in the fountian!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are beyond beautiful. I'm tempted to bust out my 2.5 year old dress and have another photo sesh!

    ReplyDelete
  22. she Is stunning! i was suprised at the fountain pictures, but totally love the spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMGosh! she's in the fountain in with her dress, she is brave, but she does look fabulous.

    ox

    ReplyDelete
  24. after much indecision, here's what i did with my wedding dress...it was the boldest thing i've ever done:

    http://honeyliving.blogspot.com/2009/11/second-time-around.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Me friend Ashlee had some "trashing the dress" pics taken a few months ago, and they were AMAZING also! We live in the country, so many were in a barn or in the creek. Soooo awesome! Wish I had've thought about this!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.