
one of my favorite things about traveling is the permission to be curious. and nosy. and investigative. (and carry my camera everywhere.)
when i traveled to india a few years ago, i remember thinking, "well, now i want to see sri lanka, bhutan, and bangladesh too!" seeing new places just inspires me to keep traveling. and everywhere i go, i want to learn, understand and experience it all.
here are a few of the places on my bucket list as of today:

1. croatia 2. iceland 3. italian riviera 4. morocco 5. peru 6. charleston
tell me, where do you want to go someday?
p.s. have any of you been to any of the places listed above? i'd love to hear your experiences.
(photo credit: cool hand luke)
traveling makes me not only want to visit NEW places, but it also makes me want to go back and visit the same countries again - because they were THAT GOOD and there's still so much i haven't seen. i was in turkey this summer, and i MUST go back to see cappadocia.
ReplyDeleteI have visited the Cinque Terre on the Italian Riviera and it was spectacular! One of the most unique places I have ever been. And very romantic, you and Simon would love it there!
ReplyDeleteTravelling is a big dream of mine. My uncles have been travelling everywhere for as long as I can remember, and it just seems so amazing to get to see new places and meet the people who live there and learn about the way they live.
ReplyDeleteCurrently, I really want to see Ireland, London, Greece, Scotland, Australia, Venice, and New Zealand, though I'm sure that by the time I actually get to any of those places the list will have grown.
I hope you get to see all the different places you dream of!
<3 Kiersten
i love traveling as well! iceland is on my list! others include: thailand, india, italy, and anywhere in africa. my little brother is doing a study abroad in morocco and i'm really hoping i can go visit.
ReplyDeleteIn 2001 we made a 2 week road trip through the french and italian riviera (Cannes, Nice, Menton, Monaco, San Remo, Albergo, Genova, Portofino, etc) Liguria is such a beautiful region. It was my best vacation of all time. Me, my husband and a car. We even made a thing we all should do one day, at least for one night like we did: to stay at a 5 star luxe hotel, we stayed at the Royal hotel in San Remo which is a mythic hotel...well I'll remember those holidays all my life...drinked too much campari and eaten too mmany pasta and seafood :)
ReplyDeletemy best friend lives in finland. i visited her there a few years ago and loved it. (but i was there in the summer ;) my bucket list includes: africa (any part), iceland (my son really wants to go), scotland (i'm scottish), france and italy (for the art, food and wine!)
ReplyDeletegreat list. i've been to the italian riveria and charleston.
ReplyDeletein my travel book the italian riveria is one of the highest, such a beautiful, mellow and awe-inspiring place. the people are so warm and welcoming, the food is heavenly and the scenery is unendingly impressive. my husband has never been and we're headed there in a month so he can experience it too.
two of my other faves that i think you would like based on your list are prague and salzburg, austria.
and i'm actually hoping that peru and croatia are in our near future.
oh, traveling, how i love you! i've been to iceland, morocco and charleston. morocco is gorgeous and the food is delicious. i dream of going back someday. you'd love charleston, too. my husband's from there so we have to go often... ;)
ReplyDeletei am aching to travel... in may we're heading back to hawaii, to kona-kailua which is a wonderful place to explore (and check out the volcano, too!) and we're planning long-term trips to paris & new york in the next few years. from our base in paris, i plan on traveling all around europe thanks to the cheap flights - i want to experience as much as i can and gain a more worldly view of life. i love traveling & exploring so much.
ReplyDeleteJust gorgeous....I'd love to go to the south of France someday (but I'll take any place on your list!).
ReplyDelete(PS I just returned from a weekend at Kripalu, and now I want to spend a month there like you did!)
Mmmmmmm, travel.
ReplyDeleteI've been to Croatia, which I found surprisingly stunning. I wasn't there for long, but had no idea how much I would enjoy it.
Our next big trip will hopefully be to South America. I would love to head to Buenos Aires, down into Patagonia, up to Santiago, and then up the west side to Peru (Machu Picchu!) and Ecuador (Galapagos!) I don't know when this is going to happen, but it WILL happen.
Ah! Traveling... such a fun/interesting topic!
ReplyDeleteI haven't had the luxury of traveling extensively just other provinces of Canada (I'm Canadian), New York City & Ireland. I also have a long bucket list of places I would love to see & experience too which include: Paris, Canadian/US roadtrip throughout as many provinces/states as I can!, Hawaii, New Zealand, Iceland, Italy and the list goes on...
Two of my favourite quotes have to do with traveling too:
-"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." -Saint Augustine
-"Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints..." - unknown
Hopefully that wish list of yours becomes a reality! Safe & happy travels! :)
Hi Nina!
ReplyDeleteMy world wide travel days are over for the time being but I've been to some of the places you plan to go to (Croatia was my favorite on your list, Guatemala my favorite in general). I have pics and stories at http://www.pam-land.com. If you ever are planning a trip definitely let me know!
-Pamelita
Ahh I love travelling... I've just finished studying so am saving up my pennies for a massive trip. Croatia and Peru are definitely on my list, as well as Nepal, Sardinia, Mauritius, Alaska, Sweden, Tanzania, Marrakesh, Czech Republic and Poland... There are so many more... I could go on and on and on and on and on... x
ReplyDeleteTraveling is so fun. My cousins actually have a place in Croatia, but I've never been there. Maybe someday...In the meantime, I'm really pining to go to England or Ireland, home of my ancestors. I'm loving the green countryside right now. :)
ReplyDelete~Kendall
My husband and I love traveling. We're planning on traveling to India or Australia next year. I'm hoping for Australia so we can go diving.
ReplyDeleteWe went to the Galapagos and Peru last year. It was breathtaking. I loved Sacsayhuaman and Machu Picchu and the ingenuity of the Incas. The varieties of potatoes are amazing as well.
I would recommend ear plugs for the 3-hour train ride to Machu Picchu though. They play pan-flute music on repeat. It sort of ruined the pan-flute for me.
Ahhhh - my travel bucket list reads like an atlas:-). Of the places you mention I have been to Iceland. Wow - is blew my mind in a subtle way and I am planning to go back again this year. I stayed in the Blue Lagoon clinic hotel (private lagoon time was awesome), went into reykjavik twice (felt like home, Nova Scotia, yet not) and toured the Golden Circle. The people are friendly but not over solicitious and the horses are even friendlier. I took some amazing photos and captured rainbows at each waterfall I visited. Go, Go, Go!!! Iceland Air is also one of the best airlines I have ever used. Did I mention the private lagoon - floating in the warm/hot water under the stars with light snow falling... the most relaxed I have ever been.
ReplyDeletetotally agreed...loveee to travel!!
ReplyDeleteoh travel, the only thing that i know for certain that i'd like to spend my life doing! :)
ReplyDeleteand oohh INDIA, I dream of spending time in india!! peru and iceland are on the list too!
i grew up about 30 miles outside of charleston, i miss that city a lot! the cobblestone streets, the friendly faces, ahem-the sweet tea... definitely go when you get the chance!!
haven't been to any of the above, but pretty much every country is on my list... need some more money...
ReplyDeleteMy dream was to go in Australia one day, and here I am...I french so when I will be back in Europe I will visit Italia (an other dream) :)
ReplyDeleteLast August, my husband and I hiked the Inca trail to Machu Picchu. It was wonderful and difficult and life changing! The beauty of Machu Picchu and its surroundings is breathtaking!! This fall, we're going to Savannah and Charleston - a little different type of vacation, but I'm really looking forward to it...especially Charleston!
ReplyDeleteCharleston is fantastic! I live in South Carolina and I look forward to enjoying the coast and the Charleston area every summer. Super open air markets, unique cuisine and the best fresh seafood!
ReplyDeletemy top three places in order are ireland, spain and italy.
ReplyDeleteI lived in downtown Charleston for 7 years, and I say GO! It is a magical, languid, lovely experience and I miss it so. I left for a man..the only justifiable reason to walk away from such a place!
ReplyDeleteget out. that photo is too gorgeous. my favorite place is Switzerland. We are in guam now and hopefully vacationing to australia soon...
ReplyDeleteI want to go to New Zealand, Italy, France, Switzerland, the UK, Iceland, Brazil, Mexico, and every state in the U.S.
ReplyDeleteI've been to Croatia a few times and it truly is a magical places. Yu can walk the wall of almost the entire city and the views are nothing short of breathtaking. The wine, of the wine and the atmosphere just oozes peace & tranquility. The last time I was there a local friend drove us a few miles out of the city to a house in a cove. The owners of the house rent it out for something like $12!!!!! a day and provide wine & cheese :) If we ever make it back, THAT is where we'll stay - our own little private beach in the middle of paradise
ReplyDelete