news flash.

on thursday, march 3, at approximately 6:00 p.m., i put on an apron and made my first vanilla bundt cake.
Vanilla bundt cake.
just a few hours later, simon, fresh back from a business trip, (hurray!) ate a big slice and declared it "tasty."

finally, at 10:00 p.m. with the scent of fresh-baked sweetness lingering in the air, i fell onto the couch with a perma-grin on my face and coaxed simon into rubbing my feet.

victory. the end.

p.s. gah! now that i type this out, i realize it sounds like an episode of mad men. let's either a) just go with it and pretend i was wearing an amazing dress or b) remember that i am a yoga-loving, organic-eating, hippy feminist. and occasionally, i crave bundt cake.

p.p.s. speaking of cake.

24 comments:

  1. betty draper, if you ever want to jazz it up, banana bundt cakes are sooooo good. just make sure you drizzle a little orange flavored glaze on there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha :) i can relate so i'll go with b. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm...That looks so good! I'm hoping to make some cupcakes soon. :) Yay for baking!

    ~Starr

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmm deliciousness, and I love Laurel's idea of drizzling some orange flavored glaze! Yummmm

    xx
    A Journey to Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum!! and i'll go with b. that's what i tell myself anyway when i go on a baking frenzy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What recipe did you use? Is that chocolate on there?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, that looks great. I've always found the shape of bundt cakes very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahah! I love Father of the Bride AND I love this post! Everybody needs some yummy cake in their lives, and every woman deserves a great foot rub. I convinced mine to give me one the other day and it was pure bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. feminists are allowed to make cake :) and, they are always encouraged to have their husbands rub their feet after they make cake!! and of course, yogis are allowed to eat cake. cake only ever makes life better. yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is nothing wrong with doing domestic things. It only makes us more amazing because we can do both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. maybe mad men isn't so bad sometimes? :) I think it can be fun to play housewife, but that doesn't mean that I'm not a strong, independent woman with hobbies that have nothing to do with my hubby! HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  12. um, looks so delicious!! I want a slice. And thanks for reminding me of that Father of the Bride scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, this looks fabulous! I imagine bundt cakes to be terribly American.. am I right?!xxxxxxx

    alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't even worry about it! My husband's birthday was Wednesday and I spent Tuesday and Wednesday night in the kitchen making food for him! Sometimes it's okay to want to bake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's nothing wrong with baking a delicious bundt cake for the one you love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ahhh, I have been dreaming of making an orange flavored bundt cake!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that. looks. delish. And I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nothing wrong with Mad Men days...just as long as your not living a Mad Men life.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.