tossing and turning.

4825235792_9111e02a3c_b
i couldn't sleep last night.

thoughts of japan, this tragic incident, and a dear friend of mine who is suffering immense grief made me feel fragile and helpless.

as is always the case when i don't know what else to do, i plan to hit the mat today. yoga will, at the very least, help me breathe.

what do you do when it all gets to be too much?

(photo credit: ashlikaan)

19 comments:

  1. Take it one day at a time, love. That is all that we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did exactly the same yesterday and this morning, yoga helped me indeed to breath... the world's going through a very hard time, things are completely unbalanced. But first maybe you can stop watching/listening/reading every news to protect yourself and only listen once a day (they intend to contradict themselves in order to have audience and that's really scary) has for your friend, when I was in grief I was happy to know that my friends were not far in case I needed them, so just let her know you are there and she will understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am right there with you, Nina. The incident at Lululemon has shaken me to the core. I also try to center myself with yoga and breathing and beyond that... talking to my dear husband about the worries that swirl through my mind. For me, letting it come out helps me from keeping it all inside of me. Oh-- and reading a good book always feels comforting too. Taking time to care for yourself helps you to be better equipped to care for others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a hard time sleeping last night, too. I think just being around other people helps, no matter what you're doing. Hope you're able to find a little bit of peace today...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's the first time I've seen that story and wow, that is horrendous. The Japan earthquake and tsunami have been weighing on me. It's hard to just "go on with it" when you know that so many people are scared & afraid right now and so many people have been lost.

    When things stress me out, though, I sleep. I've found there's no better way to connect the dots, to make sense of things, to refresh, than a quick nap or a good night's sleep. It's like the whole world gets set back on it's axis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yoga, spring flowers, and doing something nice for someone else. Have a good day, Nina. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope today will be better for you, Nina. I can so relate!

    When it all gets to be too much ... I try to do something sweet for someone else. Even if it's just a little something. It usually helps ... especially when I feel powerless to fix the really big things.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cry - not by choice, but I always feel calmer afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My heart goes out to you and your friend, so terribly horrifying! I lost my father to a murder a few years ago and from that moment to help with my grief, take the focus off of me and honor his memory - I started doing volunteer work which led to me starting a non profit for senior citizens and it has helped immensely! Much love to you! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for all your sweet comments, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayer...I remember this scripture in 1 Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."

    And remember that you have people who are here for you and want to support you. XOXO.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! The poor girl from Lululemon! I hope they find those guys. That is really frightening. Wow...
    I've been watching the news about Japan too and it's really devastating.
    I think yoga is a great way to deal with it all. I like to tend to my garden and have silence when the world around me is going crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i heard of this. i'm so sorry for your loss. i'm an ambassador for lulu, and we are so so sad.
    i too get myself back to the mat. i bow my head and let the tears fall. i let my heart take a shower of sadness, wash clean the agony and hurt, take a child's pose as often as i want if not the whole time.
    some how by the end of practice, lying still with among all the grievers and lovers {in their own way beautiful way} i heal a bit each time.
    i am sending you love and peace.
    namasté,
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  14. there is so much sadness and tragedy in the world. there are days when i too wonder what this place is coming too. i try to remind myself daily, and especially in these tough times that "this too shall pass".

    ReplyDelete
  15. That story was heartbreaking...I can't even get my mind around such brutality. When I get overwhelmed by what goes on in the world, I remember to take care to enjoy every moment and every good thing I have. And baths help me to calm down a little bit, too. Take care, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In times like this, all we need is staying together and next to the ones we love.
    I'd like to share my blog with you, just because you're an inspiration to me, you give me ideas and sometimes just something else to think about. My girlfriend and I look up to you, and we'll expect you soon. Thanks a lot! Kisses from Argentina!
    http://everythinginitsrightplace-image.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. so sad...feeling helpless is such a horrible, sinking feeling. what do i do? cry, breathe, pray and try to give more. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is so crazy right now. I know it's real, but it is SO hard to believe all that is happening in Japan. And now with the nuclear warnings? I just hope help is with them now to try and get through all of that. So sad...

    I hope you are feeling better lately as well. I'm sure yoga will definitely help!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hadn't heard that story about Lululemon... I'm speechless.. Horrified. Brought to tears... What is wrong with people? What is wrong with this world? It seems like everything is falling apart. Sometimes it's hard to be hopeful... Trying my best over here, and being thankful for my health and safety. Feel better, Nina.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.