
last but not least, one of my favorite movies of all time is... office space!
i think it might be the funniest. movie. ever. and you might have already guessed it but my favorite line in the whole film is: "corporate accounts payable, nina speaking. just a moment."
the movie is so brilliant because it's so true. am i right? ahh, nothing like cubicle humor.
so, that, my friends, concludes my "favorite films" theme week. since i've shared my top five, i'm dying to know what yours are! do tell. (and it's pouring buckets here again, so simon and i might need some recommendations for a movie marathon tonight.)
lots of love, and have a wonderful weekend!

Hi Nina...love your breakfast post!
ReplyDeleteUm...movies, I don't get a chance to see too many, but appreciate your list....there are MANY I haven't even heard of.
I saw Bright Star last week and Soloist this week...
Bright Star was absolutely beautifully filmed, the Art Director is definitely someone to take note of...and the Soloist was touching...souch a delicate thing our mind.
HUGS...have a great weekend.
Char
OH....AND HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY...I can't believe I have missed SO many posts this week...where was I!
ReplyDeleteI love that photo on the beach.
HUGS dear Nina...I'm sure you're still Celebrating.
Char
OK, here goes
ReplyDeleteEmpire Records
American Beauty
Love Actually
The Breakfast Club
And since I can't pick a 5th, somewhere between Closer, The Life of David Gale, 10 Things I Hate About You, The Departed, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and A Midsummer Night's Dream (the Michelle Pfeiffer one).
Ah, sorry to hear about the weather but here are my top movies in no order:
ReplyDeleteHarry Potter 1
Howl's Moving Castle
Wimbledon
Under the Tuscan Sun
Because I said so
A Midsummernights Dream (with Rupert Everett)
Twelfth Night (with Imogen Stubbs)
In&Out (with Kevin Kline)
How to steal a million? (Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole, swoon)
Blow Dry (Alan Rickman, Bill Nighy - British humour at its best)
Saving Grace (Brenda Blethin - even better british humour)
Playing by heart (Gillian Anderson, Sean Connery)
Odette Toulemonde (French and really lovely, a bit of Amelie, since you like her so much I really recommend it)
Okay it's a bit more than just 5, but I practically live in my movies so...
Have a lovely and relaxed weekend.
Oh yeah, almost forgot:
ReplyDeleteThe Court Jester (with Danny Kaye, he's been soooo funny, White Christmas is also with him and hilarious too)
As I've said, I'm crazy about movies.
Office Space is a classic. I love the fax machine/printer beat down scene!
ReplyDeleteoh- I NEED to watch office space- my husband's been trying to get me to watch it but I have been resisting
ReplyDeleteI love the most recent version of Pride and Prejudice (with Kiera Knightly). The music, sweeping landscapes and lovely costumes. Whenever I'm upset I watch that film and drink tea. The cure to all of life's heartaches.
ReplyDeleteHere are some movies that I think are great:
ReplyDeleteShakespeare in Love (my favorite movie)
Dangerous Liaisons (John Malkovich is amazing in this)
The English Patient (very long and very heart wrenching, but so beautifully done)
Singin' In the Rain (a classic musical)
The Birdcage (Hi-larious!)
Charlie Wilson's War (a very witty movie with awesome actors)
This movie is a definite classic! So funny!
ReplyDeleteI never really 'got' this movie - it's amusing but not really funny to me. But then again, I've managed to escape the boring cubicle job (so far).
ReplyDeleteThree of my favorite movies are Princess Bride, That Thing You Do, and Across the Universe.
Office Space ... classic!
ReplyDeleteI have yet to see that movie, even though EVERYONE has told me to. I just need to Netflix it already so I can be in on all the jokes :)
ReplyDeleteHahaha I LOVE this movie!
ReplyDelete5. Harvey
ReplyDelete4. Young People Fucking
3. Rosemary's Baby
2. Arsenic and Old Lace
1. Harold and Maude
:)
Office Space was a great movie! I hope the weather clears up next week, I am coming to Boston. Sooooo excited! These are great movies.
ReplyDeleteRudy
August Rush
Catch & Release
Oh, this is such a great movie. I've wanted a red stapler forever since watching it :)
ReplyDeleteI just posted a series on my blog about office spaces...how funny :)
Have a wonderful weekend!!
i love office space! my favorite part is when the restaurant manager says..."i don't want you to wear more flair; i want you to WANT to wear more flair."
ReplyDeletethat's like my every day on the job. so classic!
just watched it recently with my husband. first time for him....I think all the Michael Bolton remarks are the best!
ReplyDeleteoffice space is an awesome film
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend! I won't even bother to mention movies because I have a ton of favorites. :)
ReplyDeleteMy fiance is trying desperately to fix the starter on his car so we won't be doing much of anything, we weren't even able to go see my mom today to visit and open my (way belated) birthday presents :'(
I hope he gets it figured out soon!
I hate to say that my life is a perfect parallel to this movie, but it's so true.
ReplyDeleteAnd if I have to unjam the printer one more time, I might just take a bat to it in slo-mo ...
I'm always looking for movies to add to my netflix que ... one to see:
ReplyDeleteLove Song for Bobby Long.
I recently found your blog and I'm enjoying it. I had to comment on this post because this movie is one of my favorites as well!
ReplyDeleteAnytime someone at work asks about a "memo" I laugh for a very long time.
Ah, ah, I almost forgot...I'm also going to need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. We, uhhh, lost some people this week and we sorta need to play catch-up. Mmmmmkay? Thaaaaaanks.
ReplyDeletethe BEST movie ever. by far. if you don't "get it" then you clearly have never worked in cubicle land.
ReplyDelete