the surprise of the dragonfly.


one of my favorite things about traveling is discovering cute places by accident. sometimes it's because i'm lost (which happens quite frequently) or because i've decided to wander just a little further down a street. either way, there is something so satisfying about finding an unexpected treat, don't you think?

yesterday i was on my way to a little bakery in portland when i discovered the dragonfly cafe. it was so lovable and familiar, i half expected to see phoebe and monica sitting on a couch nearby. i feasted on homemade granola, sipped hot coffee while flipping through the oregonian, and watched the rain fall outside.

it was such a pleasant surprise, and all in all, quite a memorable morning. all i am wondering now is... why oh why is portland so far away from boston?


(photo credit: portland loves local)

14 comments:

  1. My brother met his now-girlfriend at the Dragonfly cafe. I hear they have the best coffe cake! Glad you're enjoying your time in Portland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful. Makes me want to sip and read somewhere new. Good thing Montreal has tons to choose from :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little surprises when traveling too. What a great photo, looks like such a cozy place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sounds like the perfect afternoon.

    stumbled on your blog somehow. so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This place looks so cozy and delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always thought about moving to Portland. Would you ever consider moving? Is it really rainy in Portland?

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect afternoon, this place looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should move to Portland! We would welcome you and Simon with open arms :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey can I move too?
    Toronto isn't bad but Portland seems SO creative, ARTSY and everyone is very trendy!
    Lovely post Nina.
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. how cute....I would have totally stopped there, too !
    and in what you imagined....phoebe singing her cat song....was it "smelly cat?" would have really been the icing on the cake....

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a delightful afternoon! I love the serendipitous finds while getting lost - one of my favorite activities.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you were on your way to the bakery when you found a cafe! It really says something about the city, I think.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.