a collection a day.

have you heard of this cool new project called a collection a day? i just discovered it this morning, and i am already smitten.

artist and illustrator lisa congdon is documenting her (many) personal collections by showing a photograph of objects on her blog each day of 2010.

what a sweet and simple reminder of the beauty in everyday things.

here are a few of my favorites so far:




12 comments:

  1. the objects all look so nice together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely project, i´m loving her collection of sea urchins :) lucky for me you left a comment at my blog, so I could find you! maybe I should have written this in norwegian? Neste gang..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so precious. I featured one of your photos on my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am in l♥ve with the paintbrushes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea! And they all photograph so well

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool!!! A collection a day...that must force you to get creative after a few weeks...to think up new collections! That's such a neat idea - these photographs look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those paintbrushes. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As a hopeless hoarder, I'm inspired to actually find a use for all my things! Thanks for another beautiful post Nina!


    http://teatoastblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love collection photos! so glad I stumbled on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look really nice, I've never heard of that before. As an aside: that'd be awesome to learn Norwegian, so I would what the lyrics to Dimmu Borgir's songs that were written in Norwegian meant, and I could sing along hehe. Reading the English translation isn't the same. Is it a difficult language?

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm doing a photo a day, but that's not nearly as cool as a collection a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've been loving these posts, too. so good.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.