hairstyle pillowcases.


simon and i have decided to skip valentine's day presents this year and just go out for a nice dinner. but if i were on the hunt for a cute valentine's day gift, i would definitely order a set of these hilarious pillowcases. aren't they awesome?

i keep imagining putting them in our guest room and seeing our friends' and family's reactions when they stay over. so fun.

i'm curious: do you usually get your loved one a valentine's day gift?

(pillows available from threeheart)

26 comments:

  1. we're not big on valentine's day... last year we happened to be in Costa Rica so clearly that was gift enough but this year I think we are just going to see the Valentine's Day movie and go out to dinner (or I might cook a nice dinner!), but no presents!

    those pillow cases are hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, in my last relationship we didn't celebrate v-day. Our anniversary was the day before anyway, so we had that to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are adorable! stephen and i sometimes do gifts, usually something small or handmade...one of my favorite gifts to give/get on valentines day is concert tickets since we both share such a great love for music :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. those pillow cases are fantastic! haha! I think I may need to buy a set of my own. We normally just do dinner on Valentine's day - and I usually end up with a beautiful (non-rose)bouquet of some sort, which I love because bf always trys to be creative with the arrangements.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, those pillowcases are hilarious! What a fantastic idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha those pillows are so cute!

    We really don't gift, but we go out for a nice dinner. he pays. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are funny! our anniversary is on Valentine's Day as well--so, we've been known to shower the gifts on each other/couple gifts (trips, etc...) And we never go out on V-day because EVERYONE else is at the restaurant :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. heeheeee :D

    My mum usually sends something for me and my sister on Valentine's! Even though we're Swedish and we don't really do Valentine's Day and we're not in love, obviously, but I just think it's really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where, oh where did you find these? They are hilarious!!

    xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha, so quirky! joel (hubby) and i are also going out for dinner in lieu of buying each other gifts.. i'd rather spend a romantic evening together than get a present.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha!! I love these!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we try to do the same thing - something fun or romantic together instead of spending the money on gifts. then we each make the other a "valentine" which is the most fun part - the only restriction is that it has to be homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The love and I don't actually get each other anything for Valentine's Day. We may go out to dinner or a movie, but we try to make a quiet little dinner out a weekly thing.

    Those pillow cases are so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so funny! every year I make up a "night in" box...a dvd, a bag of popcorn, some movie snacks, a couple candles, a bottle of wine and 3 envelopes with different menus in them- he picks one and we cook that together and settle in for a nice night :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. JTP is a little old fashioned when it comes to Valentine's Day, so, without fail, I always get 1) red roses, 2) chocolates, 3) a card. Besides the fact that he usually gets more of the chocolate than I do, I can't complain!

    ReplyDelete
  16. melissa, what a fabulous idea!! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too cute!
    I just found out the Stars are coming two days after Vday, so I got us tickets! It was the first concert we went to together as a couple and we are lucky enough to see them again this year for the third time :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. lol those are reeally funny! where do u find this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are really cute! :) My fiance and I usually exchange cards and I get a yummy box of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These pillow cases are too cute! Fun idea!! We don't usually celebrate V-Day, but this year I think I might surprise my love with a massage... he's been doing a lot lately & definitely deserves a little relaxation!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This year I'm going for a "No Me Day V-Day" and donating a little love to the loveless. I think I'm going to collect newspapers and dog toys for my local animal shelter.

    If any of you are looking for an easy (and fun!) way to give back this Valentine's Day, attend a local production of the Vagina Monologues. Proceeds from productions go to support V-Day, a foundation that is helping to stop violence against women and girls around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWESOME. We don't give gifts on V-day. Usually we just stay home and make a nice dinner together. It's the little things in life. Happy Love Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha, these are so funny! love it (and your blog).
    i don't give a gift, but i'm certainly expecting flowers ;)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.