happy weekend!



what are you guys up to this weekend?

simon and i are going to drink some bubbly with our newly engaged friends, watch back-to-back episodes of flight of the conchords, and i am going to whip up a batch of red velvet cupcakes. yum.

i hope you all have a restful, happy and warm weekend!

(photo credit: kata pult)

12 comments:

  1. my hubby and i love that show!! we are so sad it's been discontinued :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend I will be...

    - seeing Avatar again (w/ 2 gal pals!)
    - filming a vlog
    - cleaning/organizing my apartment
    - pulling our my tres dusty journal

    Bon weekend, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i'm very jealous of those red velvet cupcakes. Maybe i'll make some too♥
    Love From,
    MissTandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going wedding dress shopping for the first time! Yay, so excited!! :)

    Red Velvet cupcakes and bubbly... sounds like a fabulous weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm- nothing better than making cupcakes on the weekend {oh yeah, and eating them too}. Have a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year! sounds like a fabulous weekend. i miss baking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm ... we've had a Parks & Rec basketball game, a stock-up trip to BJ's, and some very heated Wii competitions so far today. Along with a quick house clean-up.

    Now we're waiting on some friends to come over for dinner :D

    The Patriots play at 1:00 tomorrow ... so whatever we do will be planned around that, according to Todd. **sigh**

    Enjoy your celebrating! Did you find the perfect red velvet recipe yet???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching Flight of the Concords is a splendid way to spend a weekend. My husband dies laughing at "Business Socks". Enjoy! I will be bathing two unruley doggies and cleaning the house...oh joy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This weekend, I've worked and written. I've also gotten drinks and gone dancing with friends. All as distractions from what's really going on. Last night, there was a crumbling, once everything had slowed down and I was alone, when I realized the what's-really-going-on-in-my-life is not going away any time soon.

    Side note: I met and danced with a meaty guy named Chad, who offered to hold my purse and coat so that we could dance together; all the while, he randomly piped up, "Come on, open your legs!" because I suppose I was dancing modestly. I laughed, told him he was awful, then grabbed my purse from him, ran to the bathroom, and burst into tears. So much for distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a lovely weekend! We are watching all three seasons of Jaimie Olivers "The Naked Chef" doing chores and then spending the rest of Sunday reading blogs and books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds like an incredibly nice weekend! Back to back episodes of a great tv show accompanied by sweets is the #1 winter relaxation combo!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nina, your weekend plans sound awesome! My husband and I are addicted to FOTC too. I can't get enough. And red velvet cake is my absolute favorite; my Grammy's is the best, with a special kind of icing I've never heard of anyone else making.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.