maybe it will never stop raining and we'll have to start traveling by canoe...

the past few days in boston have been oh-so-dreary and wet. all i want to do is nap, read or sip hot coffee in a cute cafe.

but these gray days also remind me to slow down a little. there is something so amazing about stepping outside into the pouring rain and taking a really deep breath. the air feels so clean and available. have you ever done this? it's really energizing and a great way to experience that rain smell.

i also love the idea that the sidewalks are getting a good rinse. call me crazy, but everything just feels cleaner after a huge rain shower, right? :)

18 comments:

  1. we are getting washed out here in Newport! :) My kids are loving it. from yesterday's post, my favorite chick flick is French Kiss w/ Meg Ryan and Keven Cline. hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In New York we're getting the rain too. I do agree that the day after it rains it's usually such a beautiful day & it smells wonderful!! Hopefully it'll come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're having the same weather here in Maine too. LOTS of cold rain, umbrellas, rain gear, and tea. At this rate, we'll be building an ark any day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In that case, I think Portland has the cleanest sidewalks in the world! haha As I was driving into work this morning I was just thinking "I'm not sure how much more of this rain I can take"... Thanks for showing me the bright side. There is a bright side to everything, after all. Even rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! I always open my windows when it rains - freshens the house perfectly, and sounds so lovely! (but then again, Midwest storms are really something of their own element...)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Actually, just yesterday morning after I rode my bike on the trainer inside, I walked outside with Orvis just to breathe in the fresh air and cool off. I think I'll do it again after this afternoon's ride too just because of this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. dreary in NYC too! But am looking forward to that 70 degree weather we have coming up. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the promise of spring with sun and going to work in a jumper! Now we have snow and gale force winds! What happened to (british) Summer Time?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so with you, Nina! Embrace the rain :-) and maybe you should hop on a flight to my neck of the woods - I've just posted about my most favourite cafe ~ and it is very cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's the same here in the UK... spring is just a word right now! I love a walk in the rain ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Things definitely feel cleaner after a shower :) I love that deep-breath rain smell.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely! I love when it rains and you can smell all the freshness in the air. So nice

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love everything about the rain! It's been raining here in Seattle all week and I just want to sit outside on the covered (and heated!) patio at my favorite coffee shop with a soy latte. Now that I think of it maybe I'll do that today, it sounds oh so relaxing and I can catch up on some art history reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. the sun finally came out today so i've been taking full advantage. although, i do love gray weather photographs. everything's all the more vivid that way :)

    xo Alison

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love spring rains! They are renewing and perfect for sipping warm drinks :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We've had a crazy amount of rain in PA, too! Looking forward to seeing the sunshine again just in time for the weekend! :) I really like your blog. You have a great style! I'm following now. Check out my blog some time! Don't get washed away! <3 Jenna

    http://xobutterfly-kissesox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the way everything looks and feels after a good rain... so clean and refreshed and bright and shiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love the rain...the way it feels, sounds and smells...everything just seems so cleansed after a good rain. Storms are killer to sit inside and listen to also. I remember one day I was walking to class and it started to rain, and the rain was warm! It felt so awesome and invigorating! I thought all rains were "cold". Enjoy it Nina! :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.