
- last night i took one look at the dirty dishes in the sink, and walked away. some nights that's just what you have to do, you know?
- this morning, as i sipped my coffee, i smiled at a recent picture of my niece. she's growing up so fast. it feels like she was brought home from the hospital yesterday. sigh. i hate time.
- my yoga teacher paints her toe nails in outrageous colors, and then puts glitter on top. it makes for a nice distraction when she walks by (because all you can see is her feet anyway, since you're... well, upside down).
- we booked our honeymoon tickets the other night. woot! i keep hoping that they'll say: "mr. and mrs. c" when we check-in at the airport. if not, i may have to nonchalantly say something like: "my husband and i were wondering if you could confirm our gate number?" because that doesn't sound silly or anything.
- some people say they have dreamed about their wedding since they were a little girl. honestly, i must have a terrible memory, because i have no recollection of that. i will confess, however, that i think i decided i wanted to be a mama as soon as i came out of the womb.
- finally, tonight i am baking, doing laundry, and cleaning. and you know what? i can't wait.
happy wednesday!
(photo credit: ffion)
I am baking oat biscuits and cocoa and then settling down to watch Narnia with my hubby, dog and daughter... in the afternoon. On a Wednesday. Sometimes you just got to call time and chill out ;-)
ReplyDeleteI have never dreamed of myself as a bride at all even when I was a little girl. Guess what? This summer I am getting married. I have found the dress which even I did not know I was dreaming about. Felling happy and content.
ReplyDeleteCheers and good luck
Splendor
I can't wait to call my fiance my husband either :) It's very exciting.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful evening!
ReplyDeleteHow very optimistic! It's contagious--makes me think of what I should be excited for today.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely Wednesday too!
I have been married for 7 months, and still love using the "H" word, and all nicknames derived from it. I am so excited for you two!
ReplyDeleteSome people dream of the wedding, others dream of what happens afterward. You simply fall into the second group.
ReplyDeleteAnd walking away from dirty dishes is a healthy thing. I only do it with my pizza stone. Because after I've made a pizza from scratch, I don't want to ruin the night by scrubbing the pizza stone.
love this post (: simple and real! i miss baking! it's been too long, i think i just might this weekend (: have a great week! xo
ReplyDeleteWhat are you baking tonight? I might do up an apple crisp....
ReplyDeleteAw, congrats on the honeymoon booking! Terribly exciting!
ReplyDeleteif all goes well, i am going to make a norwegian tradition: boller! (sweet rolls)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a FABULOUS night....maybe I'll do the same!
ReplyDeleteyou are so sweet Nina!! I just love reading your little random thoughts.
ReplyDeleteOooh you should be so very excited for your honeymoon in NZ! It is my top choice for my next trip (which will likely not have anything to do with a honeymoon, ha ha!).
ReplyDeleteAlso, I just love reading about your yoga endeavors, as I am a total newbie and would someday like to be pretzel-ing myself with the best of them!
Sounds like a perfect evening to me! And congrats on the honeymoon planning - how fun! :)
ReplyDeleteloved reading your random thoughts of the day nina :)
ReplyDeleteyou and i have the very same things on our to-do lists! although i have a feeling not all of mine will be checked off tonight!
I did the same thing with the dishes in my sink last night. I'm pretending they're not there, then maybe they'll just disappear..lol
ReplyDeleteI feel the same way about our honeymoon coming up so soon--I want them to say mrs. h every chance I can.
ReplyDeleteI also want to call Chad "My husband" to everyone I meet:)
We're doing the same things tonight! I'm two hours behind you, though. I'll be thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI got a pedi and my nails are painted lilac with crazy glitter on top. VERY fun :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're gonna be a great mama!!!
awww thanks guys :) smooches!
ReplyDeleteyou have the sweetest nonchalant way of writing! i hope they call you "mr & mrs. c" ;)
ReplyDeleteCute thoughts, my dear. :) you should do these posts more often!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeletei read that first sentence and almost cried. joe can't go to bed with even a single water glass in the sink. dinner party for 8? we're staying up and doing the dishes... :(
ReplyDelete