i'm not even sure where to begin.


confession: i am
completely obsessed with this image. i can't stop staring at it and dreaming dreaming dreaming that some day i'll be able to do that.

i think in yoga terminology it's called a modified scorpion hand stand (maybe). isn't it amazing? sigh.

now it's officially filed under "lifetime yoga goal," which also seconds as the much-needed kick in the butt to get to yoga class tonight.


do you have any lofty, and seemingly impossible goals, or is it just me? :) pray tell.

(photo credit:
sandy)

26 comments:

  1. Believe it or not, this is one of them! To accomplish this pose SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! My impossible goals list seem endless, not only do I want to finish my Masters degree this summer, but I also have the busiest schedule this month with classes and campaigning for Grad student president. I hope to win the election, take office this summer, write and defend my Masters thesis, re-write my LSAT, and apply for law school for 2011. God help us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pose! I just returned to yoga after a three year hiatus and remembered how awesome it is. My impossible goal is to be published, but since I'm not submitting anything, that's well nigh impossible, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous picture...unfortunately, I don't think my stiff little body will ever be stretching itself into that position...but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the beauty and grace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goal is also a yoga pose that seems impossible for my body. I saw a mannequin in a sporting goods store doing Natarajasana (or Lord of the Dance) pose, so now I've commited myself to being able to do it before I die-haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks awesome but if I got into that position I'm not sure if I'd be able to get out of it! hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that photo too. Talk about motivation!

    The first thing that comes to mind for me is skydiving. I want to and I WILL do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm adding this to my lifetime goals too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm new(er) to yoga, so my goal is just a regular handstand. I've gotten halfway there (the pose with my legs on the wall so I make an "L") and really want to make it someday.

    In the meantime, I've been spreading the news about your legs-up-the-wall pose. I do it at least once a day, and it's amazing! Thanks so much for sharing - that and everything else. Your blog and your writing are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! So glad I discovered your blog. I am a huge yoga fan, and I love this pose. I definitely cannot do this, but I think a starting point to practice would be regular scorpion (with forearms on the ground), and then work up to the handstand version. Cheers to this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have lofty, seemingly impossible goals too! The first one that comes to mind is my dream of dancing the title role in Giselle.
    That pose is beautiful, I hope you can get it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to do a pull-up! Just one ... that has been categorized into my life goal file. I'm slowly working on it. Don't know why, it would just seem awesome to do one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this picture! Yoga-wise I would just like to be able to do tabletop without feeling like my wrists are going to collapse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a goal which I hope won't be too hard to reach...I would LOVE to illustrate children's books.
    LOVE this pose!
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow... this is insane!! In my dreams but I love that it's your goal...my lofty almost out of reach goals? So many.. these are my dreams which is good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. One day we'll teach at each other's studios!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is so elegant and beautiful. I so want to start yoga again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful photo! I just started yoga practice a few months ago and loving it. I have many pose goals, but my first was accomplished this week! I was able to do the "crow" and stay up, stably for a long time! :) On to the next pose and maybe some day I'll get to do these beautiful, elegant and amazingly talented poses!

    www.Chasingdavies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. love this photo, makes me so grateful for my bendy, capable body right now....makes me want to get into yoga class tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. i haven't done yoga in forever - i don't think i could even attempt this.

    we just posted a list of ridiculous goals and i'm so surprised that we were even able to cross a couple off the list!

    good luck with that pose!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh, I wish that I could do a forward folding bend without bending my knees.

    ReplyDelete
  22. If I could ever do this I would feel invincible, I'm telling you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My lofty, impossible dreams are things like going back in time and never quitting dance class, wishing I knew my body then like I understand it now (so I would've been better). I wish I would've understood I could have made dancing part of my life. Not now, with just a class a week with other old women.

    My lofty, more possible dreams include writing a novel (or ideally a series of novels). I write every day, and I'm even paid to write - but this big one seems so far off.

    ReplyDelete
  24. to photograph a wedding....that's one of my many goals !

    but I would also love to rock this yoga pose, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. i have many, many lofty goals. i'm quite the dreamer! love that photo - that is a great goal!

    ReplyDelete
  26. most of the asanas I dreamed of doing happened once total surrender was present and all intention was placed on a supreme intention other than the actual pose. in that moment of devotion magical things happen. : )

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.