Nina there is a great weaver (not sure if that's the name haha) for those of us who don't knit on a regular basis. They sell it in stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. One of them is to make only scarfs (easy!), but I've seen others to make hats and other things. I have one for scarfs. Pretty neat. Of course, it's only one pattern, but at least you can use your favorite yarn!
I think those holes are dropped stitches. They happen when the stitch falls off the needle and you keep knitting without picking it back up.
It's definitely happened to me many times :) I just practiced with some cheaper yarn till I got the hang of it, and then I moved on to the yummier stuff!
I love to knit! I guess it just takes a lot of practice...I am constantly taking my projects apart and re-doing them when I see holes...if only there were more hours in a day :)
Try crocheting! It's easier than knitting, and if you make mistakes you can usually cover them up rather well. Also, if you have free time, joining a knitting night at either a local yarn shop or bookstore or cafe or wherever (I'm sure there are tons in Boston) can be really helpful (free advice and patterns!), as well as fun. I went to one every week in Denver, and met some of my closest friends there!
I think I learned to knit solely to have a good excuse for a yarn stash! Holes generally happen when you don't put the needle in the right place to make a stitch. There are lots of helpful videos all over, now, to help you learn. It's worth it, in my opinion!
i like knitting but i make variations on the same thing all the time—wristwarmers! short ones, long ones, ribbed ones, thumbless ones, you get the idea.
I can't knit to save myself, but I always love knitted things - they have so much heart in them :-) P.S. Awesome work on being accepted (in previous post)!
if you need/ want help with ure knitting, you should check out my mums blog, she taught me, when i was six, and she really helped! dont worry, i have invented so many new stiches with my mistakes, i've lost count!
Check her out http://snowday-christine.blogspot.com/
Haha me too! Those bad holes!
ReplyDeleteWe need to practice more.
xo
Nina there is a great weaver (not sure if that's the name haha) for those of us who don't knit on a regular basis. They sell it in stores like Michael's, Hobby Lobby, etc. One of them is to make only scarfs (easy!), but I've seen others to make hats and other things. I have one for scarfs. Pretty neat. Of course, it's only one pattern, but at least you can use your favorite yarn!
ReplyDeleteI can't knit to save my life! But I love the colourful balls of wool... They're like a work of art!
ReplyDeleteI think those holes are dropped stitches. They happen when the stitch falls off the needle and you keep knitting without picking it back up.
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely happened to me many times :) I just practiced with some cheaper yarn till I got the hang of it, and then I moved on to the yummier stuff!
I am inspired by those who knit... I cannot :)
ReplyDeleteI am popping over from Yelena's page today. I don't knit but I LOVE your picture. So fab! : )
ReplyDeleteI love to knit! I guess it just takes a lot of practice...I am constantly taking my projects apart and re-doing them when I see holes...if only there were more hours in a day :)
ReplyDeletelearning to knit is on my list of future things to learn. ooohhhh how i wish i could learn it all at once ;)
ReplyDeletehomemade legwarmers sound fab!
Try crocheting! It's easier than knitting, and if you make mistakes you can usually cover them up rather well.
ReplyDeleteAlso, if you have free time, joining a knitting night at either a local yarn shop or bookstore or cafe or wherever (I'm sure there are tons in Boston) can be really helpful (free advice and patterns!), as well as fun. I went to one every week in Denver, and met some of my closest friends there!
Practice, my dear!! That's my only advice (I still have holes in my knitting here and there but I'm getting better ;-))
ReplyDeleteI love to knit and to crochet! I can never seem to get enough yarn and I always have too many projects going at once!
ReplyDeleteI think I learned to knit solely to have a good excuse for a yarn stash! Holes generally happen when you don't put the needle in the right place to make a stitch. There are lots of helpful videos all over, now, to help you learn. It's worth it, in my opinion!
ReplyDeletegosh i love knitting...and this chilly weather to knit in. =)
ReplyDeletei like knitting but i make variations on the same thing all the time—wristwarmers! short ones, long ones, ribbed ones, thumbless ones, you get the idea.
ReplyDeleteI just learned to crochet! It's fun and wayyy easier than knitting.
ReplyDeleteI can't knit to save myself, but I always love knitted things - they have so much heart in them :-) P.S. Awesome work on being accepted (in previous post)!
ReplyDeletethanks for all your tips, ladies! i am determined to learn, but i may try crocheting in the mean time :)
ReplyDeleteI REALLY want to get into knitting. I'd love to get good enough to whip up a two-man snuggie.
ReplyDeletethanks for this post, i just barely learned how to knit, it just takes lots of practice. i think i'll try and make a pidge next!
ReplyDeleteif you need/ want help with ure knitting, you should check out my mums blog, she taught me, when i was six, and she really helped! dont worry, i have invented so many new stiches with my mistakes, i've lost count!
ReplyDeleteCheck her out http://snowday-christine.blogspot.com/