through the window.

Chai on a rainy day.
yesterday, it was pouring rain outside. i sat quietly in a cafe window, and watched passersby maneuver their umbrellas and step over puddles. i had a lot of other things to do, but couldn't quite bring myself to do them.

halfway through my chai, i started making up stories about how the man rushing to his car was late for a business meeting. he also wished he had listened to his wife who reminded him to grab an umbrella on his way out.

and the woman who was dragging her five year old by the hand would eventually finish her errands, then go home and realize her daughter's sneakers had been soggy for the past two hours.

suffice to say, i've always had a knack for procrastination.

today, on the other hand, is sunny and i'm checking things off my to-do list. it must be that elusive balance, right?  :)

19 comments:

  1. How fun! I love making up stories about people. One time I made up an extensive story about a driver in a car based on their license plate and my friend was like "You seriously just made that up??" Haha.. It's just too fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your 'procrastination' is contagious...
    and I think you are doing your due diligence as a day dreamer, that makes up the same creative stuff that feeds a novel worth of stories.

    Cheers!...to your creative genius working overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so me yesterday. Raining days are notorious for making feel lazy. It is sunny here as well today though, and I am in a much better mood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This latte looks sooooo yummy and perfect for a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely :) Perfect rainy day activity! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love making up stories like that, and I love that you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunshine is a great motivator ... and 'balance' in all things is a very good thing indeed, Nina. The rest of the week looks bright so you should have plenty of time for busyness. And hopefully a few more mugs of chai as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so glad to hear i'm not the only one who does this ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have definitely sat at the Starbucks on the corner near the theatre district in Boston and done the same...it's epic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh chai lattes and people watching! You remind me of myself sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love making up stories about people in the airport. Sounds like a nice afternoon to me! xo, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. How do you make your chai lattes? This one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This lovely little post makes me want to spend the day in a cafe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eluding the siren call of procrastination has been ever so difficult. Everything in me wants to avoid work and my to-do list just keeps getting longer.

    Should I be working on a writing a paper right now? Yes. Point proven? I think so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am such a procrastinator, it's terrible. Like right now, I should be applying for jobs and instead i'm reading blogs. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  16. that's sort of how my week was too, thank goodness for elusive balance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love people-watching in cafes (namely Starbucks)! Do you have a favorite cafe in Boston?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I recognize the window sill at tatte...am I correct. :) Don't ask how I know that, since it's just a wooden sill. But I LOVE that place!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your photographs are absolutely beautiful, Nina! They just keep getting better and better. :) Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.