spring rituals.

flower

last night, i decided to start a new spring ritual... it's called "open up all the windows in the house, pour a big glass of white wine, spy on the neighbors, and eat handfuls of chocolate chips straight out of the bag."  it is highly recommended.

note: when the neighbors notice you staring at them, you have two options: smile and wave, or duck. you can guess which one i did.

wishing you lots of sunshine and warmth this weekend. 

29 comments:

  1. So cute :) Thank you for making me smile this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like a prefect spring tradition!!!
    i may have to try it when i get home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. Mainly because I did almost the exact same thing yesterday -- white wine and chocolate chips straight out of the bag. Minus the neighbors and plus Food Network :)

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man. i need to try this spring ritual. i sounds heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, we must be sharing brain waves, because I was definitely drinking wine and eating chocolate chips by the handful yesterday. I was so thrilled to have the windows open in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nina! Kim shared your blog with me - how fun and fabulous! I just have one question ... chocolate with WHITE wine?? really??

    ReplyDelete
  7. i guess your response to the neighbors seeing you spy would depend on what you were spying on them doing... hopefully just enjoying a spring day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha That sounds like a wonderful way to spend a Thursday night!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol duck! Don't worry, I would too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great ritual to me! I would have done all of it - smile, wave and duck! :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i stare at the neighbors and they stare right back. which is even weirder possibly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hehe, oh life and people watching. what a lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a fabulous ritual. i might give it a try tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds heavenly. I think I'm going to substitute thin mints for the chocolate chips though..

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds wonderful! I know I'd do the duck version - and then instantly regret that I didn't just smile & wave :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. duck! haha, I may smile and wave :) When we were little, my mom & I would spy on the neighbors with binoculars...isn't that awful ;P

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great ritual. It's still pretty chilly here in Chicago, but I'm drinking champagne, nibbling on radishes w/ butter and salt (very summery thing to do!), and burning grass-scented candles! Come on summer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohhh I love it!! So fun to make stories about what they're doing/saying/thinking as you sip away xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome, i don't really think it has to be spring to partake in this tradition :) Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha! Sounds great.
    Smile and wave. They don't know how long you have been watching. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. hahahaha this made me laugh :) so so simply hilarious. and i love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is the perfect spring ritual! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. hahaha, that sounds like the perfect spring ritual, in my opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. we could use some sunshine and warmth right now-- instead, rain and thunder!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this! Definitely doing this over the weekend! :)

    http://kindlykate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey lady,
    I would love to see you at the Blogger Mixer and Fashion Exchange, If you're around next week.
    http://earthdayexchange.eventbrite.com/

    Punky

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful fun, Nina! Your blog always brings such a lighthearted smile to my face :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.