remember this post? well, at long last, i am excited to share my latest crafty project.

a stitch book is a soft, hand-bound book (i made mine out of felt.) where you can store little pieces of fabric, old cherished buttons, pretty trim, embroidery samples and ribbons for safe keeping.

i had so much fun putting mine together. christine kindly let me dig through her huge stash of supplies, and i felt like a kid in a candy store.

i picked out vintage buttons, part of an old tape measure, and even added a place to write a special note.

i also used a whole page just to practice some stitches.

a stitch book is a soft, hand-bound book (i made mine out of felt.) where you can store little pieces of fabric, old cherished buttons, pretty trim, embroidery samples and ribbons for safe keeping.

i had so much fun putting mine together. christine kindly let me dig through her huge stash of supplies, and i felt like a kid in a candy store.

i picked out vintage buttons, part of an old tape measure, and even added a place to write a special note.

i also used a whole page just to practice some stitches.

finally, on the back of the book, i made a little pocket to store a tiny knit heart. :)
it's a fairly easy project, and i am looking forward to adding to it and continuing to make it special in the years to come.
if you're interested in making one for yourself, you can buy a pdf tutorial here... or you can just come on over to my house and we'll make one together! i'll make tea. :)
this is so heart-warming! I wish I could come over to make one with you. I'd bring the cookies :)
ReplyDeletei love this idea! i want to make one now. :) yours is so cute.
ReplyDeleteThis is so wonderful and personal! Great job with all the little touches :)
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely! I love all the different materials you chose :-)
ReplyDeleteIt's gorgeous! I've never seen such a cute stitch book. I wish I could come over so you could show me how to make one, but Sydney's a bit far away :)
ReplyDeleteoh my, this is absolutely beautiful!! you have such a great eye. i reallly love the cover and that fabric on the first page is gorgeous!! what a neat thing to have!
ReplyDeletethis just made the little DIY side of me smile so much! it's adorable, and i will be making one of these for sure! thank you for the inspiration. :)
ReplyDeletexoxo,
a.
ok this is SO cute.
ReplyDeleteNina, I love your stitch book! It turned out darling! So much fun :o) I think I need a project like that myself... so I can just let myself have fun playing with pretty colors and patterns. I hope you're having a great weekend!! If I were in Mass, I'd come over and bring some cookies!
ReplyDelete