
on tuesday, i drove to providence to visit one of my favorite people, christine. we spent the afternoon in her beautiful studio, rummaging through boxes of fabric, sewing things, picking out adorable buttons, listening to music, playing with her sweet baby, and talking about being brave. our goal was to make me a stitch book, and i can't wait to share the final product with you soon.

the funny thing was - i kept wanting to clean up. christine can attest, i couldn't quite handle the fact that we had covered her studio floor in thread, felt, scraps and ribbons. but half way through the project, i realized i was going to have to let go of my urge to tidy and just embrace the process.

it turns out, messy is good when you're letting your creative juices flow. and unsurprisingly, i'm finding this to be true of life in general. my journey as a yoga teacher, writer, and photographer has definitely been bumpy, messy and chaotic. but without it, i wouldn't be where i am today.

so, here's my question for you. what can you do to make a mess today? i promise it's crazy fun.
(first photo by christine chitnis)
This is a beautiful post, Nina. LOVE the colorful chaos :) Lately it has been my goal to make a mess of the kitchen table with my painting. I have been successful most nights this week! And you're right, it's SO fun.
ReplyDeletei made a mess in my kitchen this morning. i agree with danielle... love the colorful chaos as well.
ReplyDeleteI love having space where I can make a mess and not have to worry about it. My studio gets littered with fabric scraps and thread but I can just keep working. It is truly a gift to have a space like this. And it feels good to sweep it all up at the end of the week and start fresh.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like oodles of fun! Crafternoons are my favourite.
ReplyDeleteToday, I'm working at a yoga studio all day, which is always a mess. And then i'm going to come home and make dinner for a wee dinner party we're having. Again, i'm sure to make a mess. xx
Wow, I make far too many messes already. This post actually reminded me to clean my house ;P
ReplyDeleteYou may be happy to know that I've been doing yoga now again, only once a week but still it is nice :)
Oh how fun! I can't wait to see the final product. I've definitely been making a mess of my apartment with all this jewelry making. It's SO fun!
ReplyDeletei don't think you were making a mess, i think you were making a memory!
ReplyDeleteHmmm. I could make a mess of my taxes, but that would NOT be a good thing. : )
ReplyDelete