have a beautiful weekend.

two
                 Untitled-1

here's a little summary of my week:
homemade biscuits and chocolate cake. three canceled yoga classes due to snow. (boo.)
the help. simon working from home, (which means lots of mid-day jokes and stolen
kisses). crossed fingers and toes for good luck. icicles as far as the eye can see. flickering
candles. waterproof boots. impromptu yoga stretches in the living room. and an epic trip to
trader joe's, where i walked away with more bags than i could carry. how was your week?

p.s. more importantly, what are you up to this weekend? it's taco night in our house! huzzah.

(photo credits: floraison)


22 comments:

  1. i LOVE that you just said 'huzzah' to taco night. you rule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh trader joes...love! what was your favorite item you purchased? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TJ's is my fave place to shop! I will be going bike riding and to a Super Bowl Party this weekend with my guy!! Enjoy your weekend! xxoo :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you liking "The Help?" It's next on my reading list...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had taco night at our house just the other day! Yum.
    My week has been staying inside because of all the ice! I'm hoping this weekend I'll be able to venture outside...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My week was actually very similar to yours. Working from home (because of snow) with the hubby and baby girl, so there were lots of kisses. A trip a delicious trip to TJ's and reading The Help. Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for all of these lovely comments!
    cassandra - i love their frozen taquitos. it's kind of a problem. :) i am also a huge fan of their mini quiches and their raspberry jam.
    emily - i love the help! it's such an amazing book so far.
    amy - thank you so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like such a cozy week! The Help is such a great book! Enjoy your taco night and your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you loving The Help? I read it in three days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy your tacos lady. I'm going propose we read The Help in my book club. This weekend the Mister and I will be heading to Vail, Co for some snowboarding. Have a lovely one. Really love your ever inspiring blog. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm baking 3 or 4 cakes this weekend, and I couldn't be happier about it.

    Also, I'm so glad you love The Help! I grew up in Jackson, MS and was privileged to be an extra in the movie. It's going to be fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that quote! It's so perfect for bloggers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tacos, yum! I love me some mexican food. Today (it's already Saturday here) I am sitting under my air conditioner reading yoga books and tomorrow I'll probably do the same. It's much too hot to brave the outdoors. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm, tacos. This weekend will involve a date night and some little football game ;) I'm much more looking forward to the date night

    ReplyDelete
  15. love that quote! (also love trader joe's - i grocery shop there almost exclusively). my week was great, got a mid-week snow day with hubby & played in the snow with our pup :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh, the quote. it makes my heart happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. We saw Barney's Version last night.....I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that was such a cute description nina, so glad your husband can work from home. My weekend whizzed by, lots of trips to the dog park with my new puppy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. my week was excellent! I'm in student teaching, and we had three snow days and one two hour delay this past week due to the weather in Ohio! This weekend I have been working and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. we had tacos TWICE this weekend! after an almost 6-month span of taco-less-ness in our house, they were welcomed back :) hope you had a lovely weekend, and that the snow isn't bringing you down as much lately!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh yum! My mom bought me a "Cooking with All Thing Trader Joes" cookbook, and it has become one of my favorite go-to cookbooks. You should definitely pick up some of their papaya/mango salsa, and the sundried tomato pesto next time youre there! Mmm :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.