oatmeal with cranberries and dates.

this morning, a very rare occurrence: i jumped out of bed, threw on some socks and then ran upstairs to check on the slow cooker. ahhh. heaven in a bowl. warm, hearty steel cut oats.

now i am sitting here rubbing my belly, and dreaming of what i can try next. it's official: my slow cooker is my new best friend.

Oatmeal in bowl.
Oatmeal.

      Oatmeal recipe.

15 comments:

  1. thanks for the recipe. i underestimate my slow cooker. a great reminder i should use it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty! I love those colors. Including the beautiful blue bowl. I never knew you could make oatmeal in a slow cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need one!! It would be nice for those nights I get home and wish dinner was magically cooked already... Because it could be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness what a fantastic idea! a delicious hot breakfast waiting for you when you wake up... now that's something to jump out of bed for :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh.. why did I not ever think of cooking steel cut oats in the slow cooker? So smart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks sooo delicious! I had oatmeal this morning with sliced pear, but this looks even better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks fabulous, Nina! I really need to start eating REAL oatmeal, and you've inspired me yet again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never would have thought to slow cook oatmeal! Does it make it taste better?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, genius! The reason i was straying from steel cut oats is because I never have enough time in the morning... this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really nice way to begin the day. Your oatmeal sounds delicious. I'm new here and just wanted you to know how much I enjoyed my visit here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never thought to use my crock pot overnight to make a morning treat. Does it taste creamier? Softer?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This reminds me that I totally want a slow cooker. I love having oatmeal for breakfast, but only in the winter. This week I've been eating homemade granola and yoghurt for breakfast every morning, and I think it's the perfect summer equivalent of oatmeal. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nina, this sounds great! Better than my microwave oatmeal in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks delicious!!thanks for the recipe :)

    Have a beautiful day..

    Marisa

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.