beginning anew.

4799011797_be59e76d8a_b
over the weekend, simon and i had a little painting party. our dining room and kitchen walls are now brown teepee. (of course, i think the color looks like 'creamy coffee.' yum.)

we also rearranged the furniture, moved the art around, and made piles of old textbooks and novels to donate to our local reading tree.

it feels so good to mix things up in the dead of winter, don't you think? now all we need is a little sunshine.

(photo credit: allie bishop pasquier)

15 comments:

  1. We had sunshine today.... It was lovely! I only wish it would get warm super soon and that the days would be a lot longer! It's hard to cram everything you need natural light for into just a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We chose brown teepee for our house as well! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fantastic way to brighten up the middle of winter! i was wondering what color you'd painted your walls... do you think you'll miss the orange?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice way to mix things up!
    Love the new color...looks like it will "go" with anything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good idea - i was just pondering ways to feel fresh during these lingering winter days......

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very productive weekend.

    I too am gathering up books to donate once again. I have way too many, and want to find them a good home. I alternate the places I give to.
    Although I donate books often, I still feel like I am a foster mother giving away my children.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you guys were so productive! I always find it hard giving away books, even old textbooks. I always seem to think that they might come in handy one day,but they probably won't and I should probably part with some more books.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun! I love weekend projects like these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reorganizing! It makes me feel like a new woman. And a clean home always perks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. jenny g - no way! of all the colors... great minds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great idea. I rearranged to make room for my Christmas tree this year. The tree is now gone, but the furniture stayed. It's just too cozy to move back to "summer mode."

    ReplyDelete
  12. the little elf (as my husband calls me) who loves to rearrange has been busy around our house, too! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes all it takes is a little change to brighten up a winter day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. mmmmm change. need to get better at that. good job you! xo xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't Reading Tree a great organization! I have a monthly series on my blog where I feature different charity organizations on they're on my list! I was so happy to see you writing about it.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.