year in review.

3420522475_be3b252957
2010, you've been very good to me. i'm almost a little sad to say goodbye, because you've been so exciting & transformative. but i also know that 2011 will bring its own gifts and adventures, so i am ready.

a little recap of this year. in 2010 i:

and to ring in the new year, here are some things i hope to do in 2011 and beyond:
  • teach more yoga classes. (completed - ongoing)
  • go camping.
  • publish a magazine article. (completed, 5/12/11)
  • celebrate my 30th birthday. (completed 2/24/11)
  • knit a pair of socks.
  • spend a day at walden pond.
  • bake sea salt brownies. (completed 1/10/11)
  • read 'the help'. (completed 2/28/11)
  • sew a yarn/knitting bucket. (completed 1/19/11)
  • dress up and go to a jazz club. (completed 2/12/11)
  • read a whole book in one day. (completed 1/24/11)
  • bake simon a chocolate peanut butter cake. (completed 2/3/11)
  • watch twin peaks on dvd.
  • continue to grow as a photographer. (completed - ongoing.)
now, tell me, what are some of your new years' goals? i'd love to hear! xo.

(photo credit: lawa)

18 comments:

  1. You certainly had an amazing 2010. 2011 also looks very exciting for you. The sea salt brownies look amazing, I'm also turning 30 and really want to read 'The Help'. Some exciting things on the horizon for me is that I'm getting married in 2011, I really want to put a lot of effort into being a great partner to my future husband. I will start buy cooking a lot more and making fun weekend plans. I really enjoy reading your blog. Good vibes all around.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great! celebrated 30 this year... and it was AMAZING!!!! once read east of eden in 2 days... you can do it!!! love your blog... we have a lot in common!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sounds like a beautifully productive year! i think i'm going to make a list like this now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay, fellow 30 year olds! holla!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Help is so good! I read it in three days when I was sick earlier this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to learn Japanese and save up money so I can go to Japan in Spring 2012. I'm also going to take a ton of photos, both for fun and work. And going on many adventures with my toddler too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...you've had quite the year! and you've achieved wonderful accomplishments.

    i'm hoping to do as much traveling next year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you've had a fabulous year! Cheers to good times in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a lot of good things in 2010! You should definitely go camping next year. I used to go in the NC mountains every summer...it's sooo much fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. what an amazing and inspiring year! 2011 looks promising too. :) i hope to travel more, loosen some strings that attach me to work and school so much, and take each day one by one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! Nina, I love your list. My list will include teaching more Yoga classes, laughing lots, and leaving my day job behind. ...and now I might have to add the sea salt brownies b/c those look good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great year you had and a great one you're going into! This year I want to be more consistent with my yoga, reach my goal weight, and expand our family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. what a life changing, full year you've had! cheers to 2011! and those brownies are amazing. let them sit in the fridge awhile before you eat them, it makes all the diff! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been thinking about how I want to recap 2010, and I love how you did yours here. You and I both had big years - quitting our jobs! Hope you are loving your new life as Mrs. Simon :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. loved reading a recap of this year! i cannot wait for what's in store for you in 2011- i have The Help waiting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats Nina! My goal is to stay true to my dreams this year- like you did! Happy 2011! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You will love "The Help"--it's a completely amazing book! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great goals! One of my goals is to try to get out of debt. Cheers to 2011!

    <3

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.