as you know, last weekend simon and i drove to new york city. it was one of those perfect weekends. the air was crisp, the streets were lined with christmas trees, and i walked arm in arm through the village with some of my best friends in the world.

this was the view from our hotel. that being said, we stayed up until the wee hours of the night talking to our friends over glasses of wine, so we barely saw it. (in retrospect, this may be why i came down with a cold, but it was so worth it.)

even though i lived in new york city for many years, i still feel like a tourist every time. but i love that some things never change, like the subways and the metro cards. (i also love my fingerless gloves even though they're not practical when it's freezing outside.)


we visited rockefeller center and saw the giant tree! we also saw the saks 5th avenue christmas display (above) which was really cool.

and last but not least, here are some pictures of my friends. they might kill me for posting these... but they're so cute, aren't they? :)
i feel so lucky to live so close to the city, and have friends that make us french-style pastis cocktails, take us to fabulous restaurants, and make us laugh. simon and i are still smiling. xo.
ooh! looks like you had an amazing time. the view from your room is stunning!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful getaway, Nina! I love the Rockefeller photos!
ReplyDeleteohh looks like the best trip! beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a fun trip! I've never lived in NYC, but I've been there a few times, and I am absolutely in love with the city. Beautiful photos, as well! Hope you feel better soon. :)
ReplyDelete<3 Kiersten
Great photos! NYC is magical!
ReplyDeleteI love your hat, where is it from?
ReplyDeleteLauren
www.laurensthoughts.com
thank you, lauren. it's from north face!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely lovely day! Thanks for sharing your photos. NYC is so magical at Christmas time.
ReplyDeletelove your pictures nina! hope you're feeling better! :)
ReplyDeleteNYC at Christmas is the BEST!!! Everytime I walk outside, I'm delighted by the Christmas decor in every shop window and lights galore. FEEL BETTER!
ReplyDeletewow this actually does sound like THE perfect trip. i love ny at christmas. happy you had such a blast! xo
ReplyDeleteSuch great, perfectly New Yorky pictures!
ReplyDeleteOhh this post made me so excited for Anthony and my trip there this Christmas! I caannnttt waittt! Glad you had fun! :)
ReplyDeletexo
Never having been to New York City, this is what I imagine it would be like. Beautiful. Thank you for your visit earlier today. I'm now looking forward to browsing through your little space.
ReplyDeletenew york. <3 so magical.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great time! I live a hop skip and a jump from Chavellas. I want to go up and see the tree now.
ReplyDeleteThere is no better place in the world. Period. I can't wait to come back over the holidays, I've been counting down the days for almost a month!
ReplyDeleteThat last black and white photo is so pretty. Yay for NYC! We were there for so long, but we can't get enough so we bought a place in Montreal so we're just a short while away and we're going back at the end of the month!
ReplyDelete