christmas.

as i'm writing this, there are big white flakes falling through the sky. hurray! what a perfect end to a fun weekend. how were your holidays?

our christmas weekend was filled with games, 1000 piece puzzles, stuffed bellies, tears from laughing so hard, and lots of thoughtful gifts.
Glitter and coffee.
we started our mornings with coffee and scones, (and i decided to be festive by painting my nails with glitter.) we even tried a spicy egg-nog flavored coffee in honor of the holiday, but alas, my coffee snobbery got in the way. in fact, it was so disappointing, i threw it out and made a whole second pot of (normal) coffee.

Oh Christmas Tree.
Poinsettia.
simon's mother had decorated their house beautifully, and we played christmas tunes all day long. we also sat by the roaring fire and sipped wine. love.

Learning to knit.
and aside from all the festivities, we managed to squeeze in a quick knitting lesson for me. i am starting small, but it's so addictive. (i'm curious, do you knit?)

all in all, it was a lovely holiday, and i am a happy girl. now it's time to gear up for the next holiday... new years! xo.

19 comments:

  1. I am a knitter. I love it. It soothes me. I get into a rhythm and it does soothe me. I have met a lot of people through knitting in the 3 years I have been knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE. your nail polish.

    i don't knit.. but i want to learn so bad.
    there's the sweetest little knitting blog, that I dont understand one bit- but one day I aim to know the knitting language, and its how to's.

    maybe you'd like it too! it's http://creativeyarn.blogspot.com/

    :) happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bird brains - thank you so much. and yay for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck with the knitting! I don't knit, haven't figured it out yet, but I crochet and it's just as addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my co-workers is a knitting Queen, and she taught me how to knit last year. I really enjoy it, but I've found I like easy knitting projects where I can just kind of zone out and relax--not the more complicated ones. Scarves, hats, slippers & coffee cozies (which I felted) are all I've done so far. We now even have a monthly knitting gathering. Looking forward to seeing you future knitting creations! Happy New Year.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got a book on knitting for Christmas! I'm so excited to learn. Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Knitting is one of my goals for 2011. I love using knit wash cloths, so I really want to learn to make my own. I am so glad you had a lovely holiday. Your nail polish is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds so perfect! listening to christmas music and sipping wine is one of our favorite things to do :) glad you guys had a great holiday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knit and love it. Although it can be quite trying at times since I'm left-handed and most (all) patterns are made for right-handed knitters.

    Definitely check out Ravelry.com (Facebook for knitters w/thousands of lovely patterns) and knittinghelp.com (tutorial videos).

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for all the suggestions everyone! i am now half way through my first dish rag :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. glitter, laughing, fireside, wine...your holiday sounds like it was so deliciously wonderful. I was blessed to learn how to crochet over Thanksgiving from my mom and I've been "hooked" ever since :) I even made 2 scarves for family members for Christmas gifts! I love reading your blog and especially inspired by your choice to be a full-time yoga instructor. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm another knitter . . . my goal for 2011 is to complete some baby clothes for friends, and move past the scarf/hat stage (although I'm pretty good with those!).

    Hope the dish rag turns out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend! I'm so glad you enjoyed it - and we're getting the snow where I'm at as well.
    As for knitting, I don't, but one of my best friends does. She's tried teaching me a few times, but I'm apparently horrible at it, as I still don't understand how to do it. She does, however, tell me that it's incredibly addicting once you learn!
    <3 Kiersten

    ReplyDelete
  14. sounds like you had a great holiday, nina! and how about all this snow we're getting!?

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your nail polish - what color is that?

    ReplyDelete
  16. kim, it's called "it's bouquet with me" from sephora/opi :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your polish color! i started knitting last year, i love it although i'm not very good :) best wishes with your new endeavour :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just going to ask about your nail polish but I see that someone else beat me to it!

    I knit, but tend to do the same things over and over because I think it's more relaxing not to have to concentrate on what I'm doing. I have a friend who's an amazing knitter and whenever I'm feeling ambitious I go to her house and she helps me through complicated patterns. Bonding over knitting is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Have you thought about knitting in little "projects" for yourself (or someone in your family). I've got a goal in knitting - to do something different each year (eg. mittens, socks etc.) and it seems to be working out quite well, although I do admit when I started this then it had been like 5-6 years when I last attempted of making anything :) Good luck with knitting and just to say that nail polish really is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.