"few people know how to take a walk. the qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much."
-ralph waldo emerson
i couldn't agree more. so, tell me... when was the last time you went for a walk?
xo.
(photo credit: emmily shaw)
I went for a walk yesterday at my lunch break just to enjoy being outside for a moment. I let the sun shine on me & actually got to see a deer. It was a treat. Taking a walk is very under-rated. I try to take one at least once a day! Sweet post!
ReplyDeleteWow, I love this quote! Last night, my boyfriend randomly asked if I wanted to go for a walk at 11 at night... it was one of those uncharacteristically cool summer nights in the city (Chicago) and we walked for almost two hours, the whole city sort of enchanted at night without the hustle and bustle on the streets. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quote. Corey and I go on walks almost every day in the summer. My favorite time to walk is Sunday morning, the city feels so calm, quiet and still. A stark contrast to all the people usually out and about.
ReplyDeleteIt has been far too long since I took a nice walk. It is too hot to walk right now. Silly Phoenix. Someday I will be back home, in a cool environment, where I can walk every day. Hooray!
ReplyDeletethanks. i'm going to go right now...xoxo
ReplyDeleteI try to take a walk every day. Today I took the 10 month old boy I am minding to Carter Caves, a local state park in Kentucky. We walked around for about 45 minutes, just enjoying being outside. And as an added bonus, I enjoyed an excellent arm workout!
ReplyDeleteToday - and before that in your beloved Maine!!!! Went for loooong walks every day..... And by the way, I totally understand why you love Maine = so much beauty!!!! And one more thing.....the coast-line looks a lot like Norway :-)
ReplyDeleteI try to most nights. I love to walk.
ReplyDeleteThat is a great quote...I walk everyday after work...It is the best therapy for everything! xxoo :)
ReplyDeleteI love walking especially at the beach close to my house.
ReplyDeletei live in london so i walk everywhere; i missed that when i lived in south africa .....
ReplyDeleteI actually just recently took a walk like this when visiting the Tahquamenon Falls in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. (post about it: http://antikamoda.blogspot.com/2010/07/nature-is-magical.html)
ReplyDeletelast time I went for a walk was last week - but only because this week I've spent at summer cottage. usually I take walks almost daily :-)
ReplyDeleteJust now! With you! :)
ReplyDeletejust last night. i loooooove going for walks in the summertime. there is nothing quite like it.
ReplyDeletethanks for the lovely quote! my husband and i go on walks every sunday it's a tradition i love!
ReplyDeleteThis morning :) a 1 hour walk before going to the farmers market, it was wonderful: a lot of sun, a lot of green trees, a huge blue sky and at the end fresh fruit ;-)
ReplyDeleteI love a nice walk. I try to take one every day on my lunch break. It really makes work a lot less stressful and helps break up my day.
ReplyDelete