the big things, the little things... and everything in between.

3353400225_75422210c5
as i sit here, with the hum of the refrigerator in the background, and piles of wedding invitations, envelopes, and stamps spread out all over the living room rug... i can't help but pause and reflect.

we are really getting married.

there are days when simon and i discuss little things like the table arrangements, or what color tie he should wear.

then there are the moments when we're driving, and i look over at him and think: "he's going to be my husband," or he says something hilarious about our future children like: "if we have a girl, i guess we're going to have to drive her to ballet class, huh?"

but mostly, our days are just filled with a quiet knowing. anticipation for our wedding day, and a subtle sense that everything is about to get even better.

trust me when i say, there were times in my past when i felt thoroughly discouraged about ever meeting the right person, or getting married.

and yet here i am: folding things, licking envelopes, and sorting through our guest list.

it's really happening.

xo.


(photo credit: emmily shaw)

27 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best, Nina! Enjoy your reflections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this post.. we're the same.. driving home discussing our future children as well as what colour napkins we should have! people are invited, rsvp-ing and in 31 days we will be one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps apparently we're having a boy and he will be a F1 driver.. we'll wait and see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi nina...

    sounds like you are having a subliminal moment and do believe with you that everything is about to get even better for you and simon.

    you both sound so cute together.

    wish you all the happiness in the world, today, tomorrow and everyday.

    have a wonderful day.

    ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a reminder that a boy can go to ballet class too... and a girl to soccer practice. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. anonymous - exactly what i've been telling him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!!! You two are so perfect for each other. Lots of love to you both. Thanks for the sweet post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. Our wedding is rapidly approaching. I'll be a wife in 3 weeks and 3 days. Eeeeeks! I'm so full of anticipation, excitement and stress (because stress is always around it seems). I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, congratulations. This post made my heart flutter :) It's so sweet!
    Congratulations on finding your someone :) I'm sooo happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so sweet - i am so happy for you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet. I love those kind of moments. My favorite thing once my husband and I got married... Hearing him say "my wife" when talking to others about me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this just made me all giddy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so sweet! what a lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's all happening -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k35cuOy1s-I

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't have said it better myself! So sweet. I know EXACTLY what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. aww you have me goosebumps! how thrilling!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can I just say that your optimism is contagious. Peace! and Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I recently got engaged and I feel you on the 'subtle sense that everything is about to get even better' thing.

    So far, wedding planning is just exhausting, if I had my way I would be barefoot on my parents' country lawn, but my man wants a big fancy affair.

    I can't wait for the marriage part, you know? We've already been living it for seven years, I just want to call him my husband already. :P

    Thanks for your simple, sweet reminder to take a breath, take a step back and take it all in as it is NOW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. this was so sweet, it totally warmed my heart. you deserve it, nina, you are so lovely! <3

    ReplyDelete
  20. YAY! love this post. brought tears to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, you just gave me major chills, Nina.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats on finding the right man and knowing it and... not appearing to be freaking out right now? You sound so calm and completely at peace, even with what I'm sure is all the craziness that comes with a wedding and it's details. I always wonder how the couple stays in step with each other when so much is going on; it sounds like you both have it down so well!

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.