in just a few days, i'm heading to western massachusetts to participate in my yoga teacher training. since i'm dorky and excited, i've been meticulously planning what to pack, and i think i've finally settled on a thoughtful and reasonable amount of "stuff" for the month.
in addition to approximately twenty pairs of yoga pants and an equal amount of tank tops, i'm bringing a few special little things that will make me feel at home and happy:
my sigg water bottle, comfy flip flops, a travel candle, a fan for the warm august nights, a soft blanket from home, mala beads from india, a journal to record my thoughts, china gel to soothe sore muscles, and my favorite hoodie.
my dears, do you have any other suggestions for ways to make me feel at "home"? i'd love to hear. you always have the best ideas!
Ooh, I love this little collage of your packing list!! :) I love to bring a scented candle when I travel (like Sugarplum Lychee from Fresh) and my Ipod + speakers, to listen to in my room while I'm getting ready. They're really small things, but can make a huge difference.
ReplyDeleteHave so much fun!! :)
I always like to travel with my own pillow.
ReplyDeleteI think you'll be so happy you took the China Gel :)
ReplyDeleteSuerte, chica!
Thank you for taking us along...
ReplyDeleteCheers!
Sounds like a good packing list! Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteMusic definitely makes the difference between feeling like a visitor or at home for me.
ReplyDeleteYour list seems pretty complete though!
Have an amazing time.
I'm so excited for you!!!!....and can't wait to hear about your experiences at Kripalu. Hope everything will turn out just as you dream about!!
ReplyDeleteSeems your packing list is very complete....I would just add a soft, warm shawl for morning or evening meditation.
Have the most wonderful time!!!!
In love & light,
I'm so excited for you! When I went to "yoga school," my essentials included a good water bottle, a few extra "bars" to keep up my energy between meals, a yoga toes towel, arnica gel, and a moleskin to journal in. And don't forget nail clippers; there's nothing worse than doing yoga with too-long finger and toenails!
ReplyDeletedear nina... if that is your actual journal, i am all kinds of jealous! it's just beautiful. a few other suggestions are:
ReplyDelete- ear plugs & an eye mask in case it's loud or you have trouble sleeping
- your own pillowcase
- stamps & stationary so you can write home to simon & tell him how much you miss him :)
- a picture of the two of you in case you get lonely
have fun!
this sounds so wonderful, wish I could go too :) love the journal !
ReplyDeleteOoh I'm so excited to hear about what you come back with! Your list looks great!
ReplyDeletei love my airwalk flip flops.. i have persuaded so many people to buy them because they are simply the comfiest.
ReplyDeleteNina - I can't wait to hear about your training at Kripalu. I've wanted to take their teacher training for 2 years. I'm older then you and have a bad shoulder and hip and I'm not sure I could make it thru. So please let us know what its all like. Maybe I'll try it after all. Best to you, I know its going to be a great experience.
ReplyDeleteSusan
~Eeee how exciting! One of my best girlfriends did her teacher training at Kripalu 5 years ago and she absolutely loooved it! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhen I travel, I like to take my lavender-flaxseed Halfmoon silk eye pillow (ideal for savasana and unwinding), my KleenKanteen water bottle, and a warm shawl for cool morning/evening meditation. I also like to bring along raw almonds, a hooded sweatshirt, a flowy sundress, flipflops, a headlamp and my journal!
Have an amazing time Nina! May you be well!
Love & light,
Callie from B.C.~
great picks...i think the only thing i would add is a photo or two...have a fabulous time!
ReplyDeleteso excited for you... i hope you have an amazing time!
ReplyDeleteI did the training last August- profound experience! Here are some things that were useful to me: special flip-flops for the shower, my own pillow for comfort, rolls of quarters for the washer and dryer there at Kripalu, besides a journal- a notebook to take notes, a highlighter for the manual, a camera, good sneakers for walking, and a credit card because the Kripalu shop is divine! I will be at Kripalu in August for a workshop with Sarah Powers- perhaps we shall meet! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe a t-shirt from your honey to sleep in so you don't get too lonely. Other than that, for me I'de have to have my Ipod, you've got it covered.
ReplyDeleteI wish you had an enlightening trip nina.
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you!!! your blog rocks. I hope to starts yoga teacher training in January. Any advice on what to do between now and then? It will be over 6 months.
ReplyDelete