lately my life has been...


energizing: i have been waking up at 5:30 a.m. the past few days. it's so quiet and peaceful. i love being able to get things done before it's even 8 a.m.


yummy: i am officially obsessed with fruit salad that has mint in it. have you ever had it? ahhhhh.

interesting: my transition to fun-employment has, so far, been both strange and great. i have decided two things: 1. my growing pains are icky, but probably completely normal (i've had a few moments of "oh shit what have i done") and 2. going to the grocery store in the middle of the day is deliciously dull.

hot: ever since my last day of work, there has been a heat wave in boston. and yesterday the air conditioning in the condo stopped working. i almost wished i had a cold office to go to... but then i quickly came to my senses.

exciting: today my best friend is arriving from san diego! we are having a girls' weekend complete with a day at the spa, yoga and zumba classes, sushi, and cocktails with friends.

what's new with you? i'd love to hear.

(photo credit: themorningtrain)

20 comments:

  1. Oh, Nina.

    I love this post. If you don't mind, I'd like to re-post this about my life on my blog. Would you be ok with that?

    xoxo,
    TFH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nina, your life sounds pretty much perfect right now! have a lovely weekend with your girlfriend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. It all sounds good. Growing pains do suck & no matter how old one gets you still get them. I'm having to learn to let go. My last child off to college, my home (selling) & my motorcycle (passion) & car; all to take a risk & move to Scotland. Scared as hell / :
    Your plans with your gf sound like great fun, enjoy every moment!!

    Stay cool ( :

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, the growing pains will pass. Never miss AC in the office. Please. Enjoy wandering the aisles. Put mint in everthing. Don't forget to smile. -Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love being able to wake up early (sometimes lol), because you feel so productive and when noon rolls around it feels like it should be later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been going through the growing pains thing for about 6 months now and it's torturous. BUT, i keep reminding myself that it's all because i'm on the verge of greatness. ;)
    xox

    p.s. the small version of this picture in my blogger made those raspberries look like donut holes and i got VERY excited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. nina, this is great! i am so happy for you. keep relishing in all the great little things + have a great weekend with your friend. spa treatments and qt with a best friend? sounds perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those raspberries look unbelievable.

    And I think some of the craziest people go to the grocery store during the day. You should enjoy them while you can haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nina, I know those growing pains all too well. I read this quote on a dingy bathroom stall in Chicago that sums it up for me: In 20 years, you won't regret the things you did, but the things you didn't do. Thinking about this in relation to be daring and doing the unusual tends to help stave away the pains. So does mint... Kudos for taking the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so curious about zumba! Two of my good friends both do it, and they LOVE it - and a class just started up in my hometown. But I'm worried about feeling uber-awkward. Please write about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that all sounds great! I wish I could find the energy to get up that early, it'd be so nice to have that quiet before the kids woke up

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I heard about that Boston heat wave. Meanwhile, over here in Ventura, California, we are having a wave a gloom. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. sounds like life is good! it's going to cool down this weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fruit salad with mint! sooo goood!

    http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am also getting up at 5:30 in the morning! I wish it wasn't for work but at least it's to mind the sweetest baby in Kentucky. We manage to get a lot done by 8:00 am too!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. i have always wanted to be an early bird! but i am a total night owl, it's when i think more clearly and have my best ideas. still... i wish i could get up super early, it must be nice to be so productive before 8am!

    have a beautiful time with your friend. aren't best friends one of the greatest things in life? they make life sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. brilliant photo. love it!
    have a good girls weekend!!!
    j.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love this post and where youre life is right at this moment! it's all so yummy in a delicious way! *(even the growing pains)*

    i love how your list looks so effortless! such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to you for knowing what's right for you and taking the plunge! I hope to do the same someday (soon!)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.