farmers' markets and friendship.

Farmer's Market plums.Farm fresh.Red velvet!Yellow plums
yesterday i spent the day with my friend, christine. we walked around boston, strolled through farmers' markets, and chatted about life.

one of my favorite moments of the day came when we shared a chocolate chip cookie and munched on juicy nectarines in the grass, and it hit me that it was a tuesday, and only 3 p.m. i guess you could say, fun-employment has been
really
good to me. :)

today i am off to see a movie, and visit the famous flour bakery. i hope you are all having beautiful days!

24 comments:

  1. Spending days at market are the best. I simply love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that fun-employment is working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nina, you turned me on to Christine's blog a while ago and I would just like to say thanks! I'm thinking about buying her book when she finishes it, even though I live in the South.

    Glad fun-employment is working out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spending a morning at the farmer's market! Especially at the end of summer, when autumn is in the air... There are so many lovely things to see. And to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are so gorgeous! I had the best time yesterday...we will have to do it again soon!!

    I want to hear how the movie is...I just saw the first one, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and loved it. I am curious if the second one will be as good.

    Totally jealous of your bakery trip too...get a cookie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm just so jealous that you're pulling off your fun-employment... it makes me excited to move across the country with my husband in a few weeks, because i'm considering doing the same thing! enjoy your free time hon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. so cute! i'm so jealous!! these pictures are lovely!

    allisterbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had the summer off from grad school and I love my fun-employment. I do, actually, have work to do, but I can do it whenever I want. It's heavenly, isn't it? And your lovely photos make me want to run off and find the nearest farmers market. Sigh. In the meantime, I'll munch on some homemade peach jam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds so peaceful! 'funemployment'- teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm i wish our farmers' market had cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh farmer's markets! Love them! And great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. sounds like a sweet day! i love farmers' markets!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pictures! That cupcake is looking particularly delicious right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love farmers' markets :) Sounds like a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds lovely! can I trade places with you? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Farmers' markets are fabulous. Last time I went, I had a chocolate chip cookie smore. That's right. Cookie - homemade marshmallow - cookie. I also shared.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I lover the Farmer's Market. It's a weekly stop for getting produce, flower and a yummy Saturday brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Heavenly. Enjoy fun-employment!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh now I want to make a date with my farmer's market :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.