
this yoga pose is called legs up the wall and is an amazing way to unwind after a long day. truth be told, it's a great way to take a break from work in the middle of the day too. :)
maybe it's just me, but i tend to think clearer with my legs above my heart. this pose grounds me, forces me to (quite literally) look at things from a new perspective, and ultimately brings me back to the present moment.
if you try it, let me know what you think. :) happy tuesday!
(photo credit: kelly loves whales)
This is one of my favourite poses! I do it almost every night before bed.
ReplyDeleteAn amazing way to unwind after the day? I'll definitely try it out!!
ReplyDeleteYep this will be happening later tonite. Just need to lock the dogs out of the room because that position is just asking them to jump all over you :)
ReplyDeleteAgreed! I love this pose! Sometimes I do it before bed :)
ReplyDeletexoxo
one of my best friends (and bridesmaids) is a yoga instructor and on my wedding day, before getting dressed and dolled up (and when my nerves were really riding high), she had me do this pose for a few minutes. it completely changed my mood... i HIGHLY recommend it. you're right, it's a great way to get calm and get perspective. go yoga!
ReplyDeletelove it! i start a new yoga class tonight and i am soooo excited!
ReplyDeleteWe started baby yoga today. It made me think of you.
ReplyDeleteIf you do this regularly, it's also a good way to prevent varicose veins. No joke. :-)
ReplyDeletelol @ Julie Q - that was my first thought as well!
ReplyDeleteYup - you are so right....one of the greatest restorative poses, especially for women. Good for unwinding, good for you during your period and during pregnancy. Try it for jet lag too....
ReplyDeleteonce this baby is born, that MAY just be my favorite way to lay.
ReplyDeletei miss laying on my back!
:)
xoxo
Oooh this is indeed a great pose :) The blood rushes from your legs (which sometimes is a great relief if you've been walking all day!!), and you can lay and relax. And like you said, it forces you into a new perspective, because you're not looking around at things that would normally distract you. It's nice, very refreshing indeed :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great pose! Just went to my first yoga class in ages, this morning....felt soooo good.
ReplyDeleteLOVE this pose
ReplyDeleteI do this every night right before I go to bed...It is so relaxing! :)
ReplyDeletei like this pose the best when done with a bolster! have you tried it with one?
ReplyDeleteI am in love with this pose- hands down, my all-time favorite! Also, you'll be proud of me. I have monthly unlimited yoga at my favorite yoga studio from now until mid-September... or better yet, a week before your wedding! :)
ReplyDeletethat is exactly what i do when i spend too much time in the kitchen and after big events... it feels fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteoh i definitely need to try this! thanks for sharing nina.
ReplyDeleteI'll have to try it.
ReplyDeleteI've never done this pose before, but will definitely be giving it a go tonight. Thanks for the tip.
ReplyDeletei used to do this pose all the time when i was in college studying for exams, and i swear it totally eased my stress, cleared my head, and helped me focus!
ReplyDeleteI love this pose as well. I too have to ban my dog or it is face licking time.
ReplyDeletei am definitely trying this out. looks pretty awesome :)
ReplyDeletexo Alison
i used to do this pose while flossing every night. anyway, ive been meaning to check in for awhile now. how's kripalu stuff?
ReplyDeleteIt actually looks comfy!
ReplyDeletei had a pretty strange day yesterday and i did legs up the wall and felt better. i read somewhere that it's a "cure all" pose for whatever ails you... kinda believing that now ;) hugs!!
ReplyDeleteI wonder what my boss would say if he came into my office mid-afternoon and saw me with my legs up the wall? Hmmm...might be worth doing just to find out. Thanks for this -- it looks great.
ReplyDeletedamn - gotta try this tonight!
ReplyDeletehttp://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/
Yes, I love this pose, Nina! Also love savasana with a bolster under my knees. Heaven.
ReplyDeleteI tried this pose and then forgot to come back and you tell you about it...(gosh!)
ReplyDeleteI really liked it! At first, I wasn't sure how I was going to get into it, but once I did, it definitely put things into a different perspective.
:D I didn't know this was a yoga pose. I also do this many nights before I go to bed.
ReplyDeleteBlessings Nina,
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing my photo of viparita karani here on your site! I read about your decision to become a yoga teacher and wish you all the best on your journey, yogini.
All goodness,
Kelly
I tried this out, and loved it so much I had to blog about it! :)
ReplyDeletewww.findingthesunflowers.wordpress.com