have a relaxing weekend.


(i've been braiding my hair a lot lately, but i still have a lot to learn. it's hard to see back there!)


i'm so happy it's friday. it's been a long week...

simon and i are excited to celebrate our niece's first birthday tomorrow. we bought her this sweet little book collection by amy krouse rosenthal and can't wait to scoop her up and give her some special birthday kisses.

we are also looking forward to a quiet night at home this evening. maybe simon will watch this is it with me. (it's on netflix instant streaming now, hurray!)

well, my dears, have a fabulous weekend. enjoy a brownie... or two!

xo.

(photo credit: susanna maaria)

12 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'd like to see pics of your braids! Do you do creative ones the the pics you post or just regular straight ones?
    I just watched This Is It last night and it was good! I thought it would be sad, like they would show all the performers reactions to the news of his death, but it wasnt like that at all. Make Simon watch it with you!! Even if he doesn't like the his music, he will be entertained and amazed at the amount of effort and hard work of so many people that went into preparing for that tour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great weekend as well. I love your hair! You look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. katecreate - thanks so much, although it's not me. :) i haven't gotten around to taking pictures of my hair yet... but i hope to soon. have a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol i have no idea how to french braid my own hair...just something i was never able to get down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your braids look fantastic. I can't braid my own hair. It just doesn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those braids...I wish I could braid my own hair like that, but sadly, when it comes to hair, I have been cursed with the independent kind. Plus I'm just rubbish at any kind of attempt at putting my hair up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your braids...I've never tried doing it on my own head...
    HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY to your little niece.
    HUGS
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great weekend! those braids are so pretty..and yes, it takes quite abit of skill while trying to visualize what it might look like while you're doing it (; xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. braids are charming when they aren't perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made it a habit to braid my hair often for the summer and it's such a learning process! I found that using a bit of sea salt spray after braiding your hair and slightly messing it up creates good volume. :]

    Hope your niece had a great birthday party!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good to know - adding "this is it" to my netflix list! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i adore your braids! such a cute look :)

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.