
last night i practiced yin yoga while i watched the bachelorette. i realize this is an odd combination, but for me it was actually the perfect blend of entertaining and calming.
do you ever do counter intuitive things like that? :)
p.s. i have a feeling there isn't going to be reality television at kripalu! ah well. i am sure i will survive. :)
(photo credit: kellyloveswhales)
I've caught myself doing pilates and then sitting down with a glass of wine. For some reason, it always feels like I should be drinking water with cucumbers in it or some other spa-like drink.
ReplyDeleteoh my gosh yes. i frequently have a glass of wine after yoga too :)
ReplyDeletei feel like i'm constantly doing counter intuitive things, but in a good way :) it sort of works as my ying and yang. whatever makes us happy, relaxed and at peace is worth it! xo!
ReplyDeleteHAHA. that's a great combination!
ReplyDeleteOh the Bachlorette. I find myself sucked in every time. I usually do my arm exercises while watching TV or situps. I feel a little better about it then.
ReplyDeleteohhh you are going to kripalu? i want to go so bad. please post about it so i can live vicariously :)
ReplyDeleteKripalu is great. My parents go every year and they love it, but sadly, no reality TV!!!
ReplyDelete:)
http://ladulcivida.blogspot.com/
Haha oh, I have been there! Better than just laying on the couch watching the Bachelorette, right? I love practicing at home now, too. Since staring yoga teacher training it has been much more meaningful and directed. :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you Nina!!! Any way home practice works for you is fine!! To get into a regular home practice can be difficult - we just have to start with "baby" steps and not set too high goals in the beginning......and btw...a glass of wine has never hurt anybody :-)
ReplyDeleteI sometimes read and watch TV at the same time :)
ReplyDeleteI usually do Wii Fit Plus workouts at home which include yoga as well as aerobics and balance games. And frequently I find myself smoking a cigarette after exercising. I know it's bad for me, but sometimes I just can't help it))))
ReplyDeletei go outside and take a run and then come back and eat the hugest meal ever... the more carbs, the better. i also wrote most of my master's thesis with a glass of wine at the desk. p.s. i love her pants in that picture!
ReplyDeleteI thought I was the only one who did that... practice yoga while watching the Bachelorette. Glee is another good one to practice with.
ReplyDelete