a different kind of mug shot.

as you all know, i am a coffee snob.

but the truth is, my snobbery doesn't end there. i am also a mug snob. that's right. i believe that coffee should only be sipped from design-licious receptacles.

so, imagine my excitement when i saw these amazing tea and coffee cups. quick! someone save me from myself before i buy them all!

absolutely genius mug from brookish, inspired by the pride and prejudice scene when jane gets engaged to mr. bingley. a lady's imagination is very rapid, you know!

i love traveling by train, so i did a little dance when i saw this train window mug from esther coombs. and the yellow is sublime, no?

this mug is red and has a bicycle on it. need i say more? by circa ceramics.

it's seafoam green and retro-tastic? oh my! from milk glass vintage.

now i'm curious...do you have a favorite mug that you use every day? what do you love about it?

xo,

28 comments:

  1. I totally agree - mugs are tres important! I use some adorable Orla Kiely ones for my coffee. As for tea, I prefer cups with saucers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so pretty!! I hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree also - i have two fave mugs - one has a Monet print on it and the other is from The Urth Cafe - their mugs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a pirate mug (skull and crossbones) I use at work every day. it goes with the pirate theme I have going on around my desk, and makes me smile (and say AARRRRRR!). At home it has to be my penguin 'wuthering heights' mug!
    ps. love these cups, and your blog!
    x Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the red mug. My favorite mug is a Tinkerbell mug that I've had since I was 12.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I have several favorites. One, my best friend painted for me. Another is from La Grande Orange Grocer in Phoenix, AZ and says, "Live the life you imagined" by Thoreau. There are more, but I'll stop boring you with my Mug Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have 2 favorites: my "M" mug from anthropologie and a mug I painted personally at Color Me Mine. They both have some connection to moi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, these are fantastic! I love a good mug, too :) My favourite one to use at home is a delicate white tea cup with wee polka dots all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use a mug that has multi-colored hearts all over it, and a half-heart shaped handle. It's a little cheezy, but cute, and I get compliments from co-workers all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want that first one! i like to collect mugs, so it's hard to pick a favorite. i am, however, partial to a giant handmade one with a sun on one side and a moon on the other and to one with a weimaraner on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a Minnie Mouse mug (it's gigantic!) that I got from (surprise!) Disneyland. It says I HATE MORNINGS on Minnie's mug on MY mug (get it?). But because it's SO huge, it houses desk items. Oops.

    I love the mugs you found! Especially the red one with the bicycle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg Nina! I'm sooo glad i saw this post because i'm putting together a little gift package for a dear blog friend of mine {oh i hope she doesn't see this! haha} and having never actually met {though feeling like we have really} i'm not too sure she will like the gift i picked out for her, but the Darcy Proposal mug i found off the first link I KNOW she will LOVE LOVE LOVE. It is PERFECT!!! and what a cute little etsy shop. THANK YOU for posting these. I ADORE your cute little blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. what an awesome line up of mugs! I'm loving the train one by esther.....xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are so cute! the other day i saw a guy with a ceramic version of a paper coffee cup - lid and all. it was soooo cool and i wish id stopped him and asked him where he got it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. first...I'm a tea girl !
    and my mug...well, it's tall and skinny and I swear my tea stays hotter longer in that mug than any of my other ones !

    and at the cottage....my tea mug is another tall and skinny one that says "dream big"....yes, that one is a keeper !

    ReplyDelete
  16. I completely agree with you Nina, coffee and tea should be respected and enjoyed from a beautiful mug!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made it myself!! There's this place called ceramic cafe here in Cairo, where you paint whatever it is you choose to (in my case, a mug)and they do the rest for you.
    it's so colorful and nice!

    I love the second mug, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Nina! you always blog about very lovely things! :)

    and yes I too have my special mug for coffee and my special glass for tea! :) because I am a coffee+tea girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have several mugs that i just adore. i daily use this hand made blue mug that has no handle. i like mugs with no handle so i can warm my hands around it when i am cold. i also have this beautiful yellow mug from provence that reminds me of my mother.

    i just love your blog nina!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I ♥ mugs, I'm always buying them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are some lovely mugs. I am very picky about my coffee, too. I like it in a huge Friends-style mug. You remember those, I'm sure! Mine's just a simple black mug that holds about two and a half cups of coffee. For tea I like these glass mugs we have with strawberries etched on the sides. They're vintage and I got them on etsy. Love 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  22. First off, hurray for mug snobs :) Second, I adore the milk glass mug and want to whisk it into my kitchen right now, and thirdly, my favorite mug is one I picked up in Duluth, MN at a beautiful boutique. It has sheep all over it in bright colors! Such a happy mug!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That first mug is awesome.... and of course anything vintage and seafoam colored is, well, delightful.
    We have one of those thick, diner-style mugs that has the drawing of a 50's-styled guy sipping steaming hot coffee on it. The caption reads, "Try our coffee, it's delicious." For some reason, it always cracks me up. Maybe because I say it with a little funny voice in my head...?
    At any rate, I don't (gasp) even drink coffee anymore, so drinking tea from it makes it all the funnier. And funny is what I need in the morning.
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  24. oooh i love all of those!! i am also very particular about my mugs. i have some beautiful flowery ones from anthropologie that i usually use!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ooh i like those!! i dont actually have a favorite mug anymore becuase i never get to enjoy my coffee... but i should invest in one!
    i am stilllooking for a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. my favorite mug is a GIANT one from the college i attended - the university of british columbia - it has a big blue swirl on it and the letters "UBC" in the middle, and i bought it on sale from the bookstore when i was at training for my campus job - one of the best experiences of my time at college.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.