tuesday giveaway



good morning, dolls!

i first fell in love with geninne when i stumbled upon her adorable blog six months ago. she is a talented artist who lives in a forest near mexico city, and has graciously agreed to give away the print above. it is called "three little birds" and the colors are amazing. to see more of her work, visit her etsy store.

today i'm going to be a little selfish, and ask that to enter to win, you leave a comment with a link to images of your favorite wedding. if you're married, it can be your wedding (yes please!) or it can just be one you've seen on a wedding blog or website.

the person who provides the link i love the most will automatically get three extra entries! i will randomly choose a winner on saturday morning, august 29th.

thank you so much, and good luck!

58 comments:

  1. Ooo this is fun! One of my favorite photographers is Max Wagner and here is a post of a wedding I loved:

    http://www.maxwangerblog.com/?p=1253

    So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!

    this wasnt anyones wedding that i know, i just loved the pictures and i want it to be MY wedding!!

    http://novelistabarista.blogspot.com/2009/06/interactive-thursday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness, gorgeous! both of them. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good morning, nina!
    i have, obviously, been combing through wedding blogs for months now and have taken bits and pieces from so many weddings, but yuli and keith's wedding was hands down, my biggest inspiration! in fact, just looking at the pictures again right now, made me realize that i totally jocked their style. enjoy...

    http://www.projectwedding.com/real_wedding/show/yuli-keith-hancock-ny?page=5

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is a wedding photo shoot rather than an actual wedding but I love it all so much! Especially the streamers and the lights in the trees...

    http://tecpetajaphoto.blogspot.com/2009/05/penelope-and-william-franklin-tn_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very tempted to put my own wedding link... but I'm so biased and I'm not sure it's as cute as this one!!!

    What a great way of entering the competition.

    Saskia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Andrea and Dave's wedding is great. I love the green converse. http://ashimagery.com/blog/?cat=3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is it lame that I AM going to link to my own wedding? I mean, it is my favorite, and I haven't done much saving of wedding posts since I got married...Hope you enjoy!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/2009/04/happy-anniversary-my-love_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Here's a link to my wedding pics from 2007: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexandrialeigh/sets/72157600309615303/

    ReplyDelete
  10. My beautiful niece just got married in May 2009, so this is the link to her slideshow:
    http://www.jilljohnsonphotography.com/slideshow/christyandkevinwedding/

    I hope it works!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have all my professional pictures yet, but our photographer just sent us this slideshow of our first look photos.

    http://vimeo.com/6241336

    My wedding was definitely my favorite, even if it wasn't the prettiest, most detailed, and trendy. I could have sent you lots of inspiration, but you said images of your favorite wedding, not the prettiest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this wedding:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/grumpypixie/sets/72157610760250737/

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fun! we just redecorated the living room of our apartment and oh-my-goodness, that print would be PERFECT in here!! here's a link to a wedding my photographer friend did (i don't know the couple at all), i think every last detail looked just beautiful.

    http://www.rebeccabhansen.com/2009/08/8709-wedding-julieandrew.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't choose just one wedding. Not choosing is worth risking not being entered three times. You MUST check out www.greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com for some amazing wedding ideas/photos/personal touches. You'll see why it is impossible for me to choose just one....

    ReplyDelete
  15. mine wasnt too horrible either though...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zpinkster/sets/72157620853597620/

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zpinkster/sets/

    but thast because its mine..:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh goodness the other link didnt post!

    lovely couple in nashville

    http://www.kern-photo.com/index.php/2009/07/lindsay-taylor/


    it could be the cupcakes that draws me in ...

    they also have a food blog!

    loveandoliveoil.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. soo fun! i had my wedding over a year ago, but i cannot stop myself from following wedding photographers and swooning over beautiful weddings... my favorite photographer one love photo... and here's a wedding they recently shot that is absolutely beautiful! one love photo wedding

    and i'm throwing in one more link because you MUST have a photobooth like the couple at this wedding did! i wish i'd had one, but didn't see the idea until post-wedding... photo booth

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have so many favorite weddings that it's so hard to choose. Check out...

    here: http://bethhelmstetter.blogspot.com/2009/08/real-wedding-adamson-house-june-7th.html

    and here: http://bethhelmstetter.blogspot.com/2009/08/sneak-peek-zoe-griff-los-angeles-ca.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have so many to share its hard to pick a favorite. But I love little girls in weddings. And I especially love them with their hair up.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ron2/3785881416/

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Geninne's work is incredible - I'm a big fan.

    Two beautiful weddings, I think:

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/05/wedding-bells-a-shop-horne-wedding.html

    http://kcandsara.blogspot.com/2008/09/august-2nd.html

    enjoy!
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Geninne's prints. I've wanted one for a long time; fingers crossed! Here's a link to some photos of my wedding, five years ago October!

    http://maxandellie.blogspot.com/2009/08/wedding-photos.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Okay, this is such a fun giveaway! I almost don't care if I win! :) I found wedding inspiration everywhere in blogland, but I do have to be a little selfish and say that my favorite wedding was my own:

    http://kimelphotography.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/annie-and-jordans-album/

    My wedding advice as you begin digging through the mounds of inspiration? Pick elements for your wedding that tell your story. We gave out syrup bottles as favors (my maiden name was Butterworth), and my husband and I washed each other's feet (an activity we had done in college together). Make your wedding your own, and it will be the best party you've ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  23. love this wedding. the theme is completely fantastic. as soon as you said pick your favorite I went straight to this. although there are quite a few weddings that are just as great!

    http://tinyurl.com/npheuu

    ReplyDelete
  24. congratulations, nina! i flagged this post from awhile back to use for my [future] wedding inspiration..i love it and i hope you can draw inspiration from it as well!

    http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/04/real-wedding-heather-graysons-fun.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Geninne's blog and have been following it for a while. Her work is inspirational!

    Another blog I follow is Pippa's long stockings. My wedding link is for the scrapbook she's been making since, every page is stunning.
    http://pippaslongstockings.blogspot.com/2009/02/ready.html

    Thanks for your lovely giveaways!
    Becka

    ReplyDelete
  26. i adore geninne's blog.. i've been following it for awhile. i'm going to be a total attention whore and give you the link to my wedding. haha

    http://www.tarayoungphotography.com/jessicaandreid/

    ReplyDelete
  27. as a young and hopelessly single twenty one year old (okay i know thats young) i have instated a very strict and serious "field test" when it comes to all the smashing (insert unruly frat boys) that i encounter.

    basically if i can't imagine myself standing with them in a field with dreamy rays of early evening sun, then they are nothing to me.

    examples below:
    http://greenweddingshoes.blogspot.com/2009/02/real-wedding-jeremy-taras-celebration.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok I am not entering but I am still going to rant about my favourite wedding and I may end up [will end up] posting about it later.
    My grandmother who discovered her husband tom and her debutant ball in wellington New Zealand had the most gorgeous wedding EVER! It was the sixties so obviously everyone was wearing ridiculous hats but in all the photos it is not the stupid hat or outdated clothing that stands out. It's the love between these two people that is so gorgeous and bright and obvious. Of course her mother did not approve because he was a policeman and to make things worse A policeman who came from SPAIN! gasp. Oh well. Love survives all things [especially disgruntled mothers]
    R.

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh lovely lovely! I just came across this post about a gorgeous vintage wedding which I love here-http://birdsinherhair.blogspot.com/2009/08/vintage-wedding.html

    and also my sisters wedding was pretty darn ace! -http://pepperstitches.blogspot.com/2009/05/beautiful-day.html

    x Pepper

    ReplyDelete
  30. I absolutely adore this wedding. You can see photos here:

    http://www.oncewed.com/13057/real-weddings/rustic/ros-blake-2/

    or here:

    http://www.sugarloveweddings.blogspot.com/search?q=ros+blake&x=0&y=0

    p.s. love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have a soft spot in my heart for 8mm films. Here is one wedding I love http://vimeo.com/1761331?pg=embed&sec=1761331
    The photos are here: http://www.swsmag.net/blog/2008/10/17/southern-wedding-of-the-week-lily-jordan-part-i.html
    there are more pictures to it, just click the link above the page title. As a future bride myself I check the swsmag.com site daily. Such cute southern wedding ideas for anywhere in the country :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. hi! i found these photos months ago and love, love, love them.

    http://www.kuperblog.com/index.cfm?postID=194

    and i totally need art for my new apartment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. My my my. I am not leaving a comment for the giveaway, but purely to help inspire! My boyfriend's brother is getting married and while his fiance is ready to hire a wedding planner, he asked if I knew of any blogs for a more DIY aesthetic to convince her otherwise... I should become a wedding planner with all the websites I've been handing out!

    I've got two sites for you. The first is my favorite wedding I've ever seen in photos; it made me cry it was so beautiful. And I've always been one to poo-poo weddings, always saying I'd rather just elope in a foreign country and skip all big festivities... But this wedding made me realize that friends and family WANT to celebrate your happiness with you. And thus I'm converted.

    The second site is my favorite blog for wedding inspiration. I even check it to steal ideas for non-weddings. To me, that's the key to a good wedding: if everything that goes into the one single day can be used every other day of the year, then I think it's a job well done. This includes everything from the centerpieces to the dresses to the venue!

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/05/wedding-bells-a-shop-horne-wedding.html

    http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/here_comes_the_bride/

    ReplyDelete
  34. Beautiful print!

    I think these guys have some really sweet ideas:

    http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/photogallery/lauren-and-tim?&lpgStart=1&currentslide=1&currentChapter=1#ms-global-breadcrumbsv

    I love the sparklers.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Yay, awesome! My favorite wedding will always and forever be Tec and Chelsea Petaja's: http://www.josevillasweddings.com/tecandchelsea/ ... put to the music of Ray LaMontagne, no less!

    ReplyDelete
  36. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=322819&l=056b26cb3f&id=554516666

    Here's a pic from mine! One of my favourite photos we had taken.

    ReplyDelete
  37. if you have a facebook account...http://www.facebook.com/album.php?page=5&aid=2359312&id=27401032#/photo.php?pid=30586703&id=1007970003

    ReplyDelete
  38. Can I just say how cute those rock cozies are? They turn river rocks into art!

    Here is my favorite wedding blog. http://www.amountainbride.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh my goodness. The three little birds print is beautiful and I love the other prints in the artist's Etsy shop. I am prematurely picking out the spot on my wall where I will hang this should I win.

    While I feel a little vain, I admit that my favorite wedding photos are from my own wedding. We had 3 of my students take stills of us and 1 student made the most amazing super 8 film. The photos are up on Photobucket.

    ReplyDelete
  40. hi nina

    not sure if you post winning gifts to South Africa but even so, congratulations on your engagement and here is a link to my fav wedding - friends of my boyfriend who got married at this amazing outdoor ceremony recently. Photos by me :-)

    http://tinyurl.com/klzzn7


    ps if you don't mail prizes to SA just take me out of the draw, I don't mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. This is such a lovely giveaway.

    My favorite wedding was selfishly, my own. It was held in Jackson Hole, WT at the foot of the Grand Teton Mountains in a episcopal church (who welcomes all) called the Chapel of Transfiguration.

    Here's a link to come Flickr photos I found... http://www.flickr.com/photos/bala_/3571280613/

    They say the church holds 80, although I think its a bit smaller than that, but is rustic, simple, and spectacular. Behind the altar is a large, rectangular window that perfectly frames the most magestic of theese mountains. The ceremony was also incredibly flexible and meaningful. We were married here in September, because we wanted a destination wedding, somewhere in the bounty of nature... and Wyoming did not disappoint.

    Oh, and did I mention... there's this all big bell whose rope the bride pulls before entering the church to let her husband-2b know she is on her way.

    Great Luck on your own planning...

    ReplyDelete
  43. nina.
    congrats lady! how exciting and proposed to in maine...now that i love! i'm curious where it was!

    here are the links to my favorite wedding photographers:
    http://www.seekthejoy.com/
    http://www.amelialyon.net/

    now i may ask that you give me an extension, too...because dear friends will be married in a few weeks on an island off the coast of maine--guaranteed to be some ideas and images that will be inspiring!

    thanks miss nina!
    be well,
    jill
    www.thisblogifollow.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  44. what nice art! i have three daughters and love things that come in threes!
    the links are to my oldest wedding - a plantation mansion wedding

    http://blueskiesae.blogspot.com/2007/04/gordon-lee-mansion-wedding.html
    http://blueskiesae.blogspot.com/2007/04/kiss.html

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love those birdies, yes she is very talented.
    Here's a link to something i posted recently regarding a romantic gesture. Hope you like :))
    http://whatalovelysoul.blogspot.com/2009/08/loves-sweet-fragrance.html

    ReplyDelete
  46. I absolutely love Eric and Hollin's sweet wedding posted on 100 layers. All the details are so sweet and personal and they did so much of it themselves. I love it when a wedding day so perfectly represents the couple. I don't know them, but after seeing pictures of their special day their personalities shine right through.

    http://100layercake.com/blog/archives/2028

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'm so in love with Geninne's stuff too! Really fits in with my current bird obsession. I saw a lovely wedding on Design Sponge recently, the photos are gorgeous, everything looks so beautiful.

    http://www.designspongeonline.com/2009/08/weddings-ainjil-and-chris.html

    ReplyDelete
  48. I just adore her work! Oh, and I just adore this wedding...

    http://josevillablog.com/2009/08/ainjil-and-chris-vineyard-wedding/

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm a fan of her work and always read her blog!
    beautiful birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  50. I'm of course not anywhere near getting married yet but this is DEFINITELY my dream wedding.

    http://amorologyweddings.blogspot.com/2009/06/sweet-love-affair-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  51. I really love this wedding...beautiful setting, fun details like Japanese lanterns, and the bride's dress and bouquet are gorgeous! Also, they had smores at the reception, and it doesn't get much better than that in my book. (=

    http://picasaweb.google.com/hobergcoffey/SamplePortfolioForTheKnotRealWeddings#

    ReplyDelete
  52. what a beautiful print! I love little birdies :)

    I went to an old friend's wedding recently, but her professional pics aren't up yet. so instead, here is a link to a "lemon wedding" that I saw on Cup of Jo that I absolutely adore! I love the splashes of yellow (it is my favorite color!) and I think using lemons as centerpieces is so smart and summery!

    http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2009/08/lemon-wedding.html

    ReplyDelete
  53. I'm in love with this wedding. It's just looks like so much fun and I love how they used the haybales and homemade quilts.

    http://thenicholsblog.com/2009/08/09/amy-greg/

    ReplyDelete
  54. ooo my best friend's wedding!

    I blogged about it here
    http://umama143.blogspot.com/2009/06/lishys-beautiful-wedding.html

    and the event planner blogged about it here

    http://eventusplanninganddecor.blogspot.com/2009/07/vibrant-indian-wedding.html

    It was an awesome event, and I couldn't have chosen a better wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  55. What a beautiful picture!

    I love the web site Offbeat Bride, and through there I found links to this beautiful wedding:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/64148767@N00/sets/72157617101326008/detail/

    I've also linked to it in my blog here when I first found it:

    http://greeninkgirl.blogspot.com/2009/05/every-day-in-may.html

    I love the dresses, the wildflowers, the table decorations, the vegan cakes....everything about it is so individual and beautiful, a real celebration of love.

    Congratulations on your engagement Nina! xx

    ReplyDelete
  56. Yay! I love these. They are absolutely gorgeous.

    Link to my wedding though the pictures here are not nearly adequate to explain the day!

    http://jaredwilsonphotography.com/index.cfm?q=st+andrews+wedding&x=0&y=0

    woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  57. congrats nina! you are going to have a ball planning. here is a link to my wedding which was almost 2 years ago already! i can't believe it.

    word of advice: remember to enjoy the process, and as you get closer, i'll give you "day of" advice.


    http://honeyliving.blogspot.com/2009/03/affair-to-remember.html

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hey u i am happy to see you here. U have Nice Blog Thank for sharing Article with me
    i Have product great Decorating ideas for a living room If u want please join visit me >>> Decorating ideas for a living room

    ReplyDelete

thanks for hanging out and saying hello! i love reading your notes.